Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=10193-1

Oh wow one of the new Castle sets for 2009 has been revealed; 10193: Castle Town Square . It looks fantastic. I want!

That's pretty cool. More pics and info here.

Could that fit inside any existing castle? That would be awesome! I guess you could always BYO.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh Jay man, I forgot you posted in the lego threads too, I could have shown you yesterday what I had sitting out in my car..... http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8294-1

I picked it up on the way over at Myer for $59.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Just a heads up on the motor set, seeing as how it's unlikely we'll get it (I havn't seen it anywhere), I bought this one yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&ih=016

Get in before they're gone.

I did try the lego store, but they wanted $30 for shipping! Screw that. I came out ahead by about $16 buying the ebay one.

So I'm gunna wait until this arrives then put my excavator together then.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    That's pretty cool. More pics and info here.

Could that fit inside any existing castle? That would be awesome! I guess you could always BYO.
    That is by far the best set I've seen for many a year. Reminds me of inn I have but much more ambitious.

That wont fit in any enclosed castle but the way the original castle sets were made you could open them right up and smaller supplementary sets were designed to join to the walls. I have two of the 1984 King's castles back to back to make a large enclosed space but I want to make it bigger.

Awesome grab MV. Does the crane not come with a motor? Do you know how you'll integrate it yet?

Nah, it's a seperate power pack and motor. I assume the digger instructions have an extra part on how to add it in, It's an offical build in option, I've seen some people do it.

Just like the older tow truck had the motor addition option as well. The big one Stompy has here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=395

But the motor pack for it actually was in stores here.

Overall though, I'd have to say the cherry picker that comes with the motor and is only $88 @ bigw is the best bang for buck kit around right now. But the technical parts of it are no dfifferent to the fire truck http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8289-1 that I already have. Actually, the fire truck is probably more technical.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Awesome. I got one of those motors with my AT-AT. Am looking forward to using it elsewhere in a more creative fashion one day. That, and I'm particularly keen to get into the Mindstorms, but it's a bit cost prohibitive at the moment.

I've been looking like mad for that damn motor set and it appears there is no place that stocks it. I immediately thought of tandy or Dick Smith and neither had it, nor any Lego toys. I want to motorize the Mars Mission Crystal Reaper but that motor kit isn't enough. I will need to track down an IR sensor and the IR remote. I do know there's a Lego Education Center (that also sells a LOT of Lego) in Moonee Ponds that MIGHT stock it. I will check it on my next weekday off and keep you posted.

The optional motor instructions are pretty easy to integrate. They actually want you to build the original non-motorized model first then the motorized instructions works from the built model inwards. Open the box and look at the instructions.

See, I have no liking for the motorised features. What I like about Lego is the build and aesthetic. Not so much the playability or electronics. I'd rather add extra room for details and labs on the Reaper rather than have it taken up by electronic features.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection