Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Toyfair preview/investor event

With all those lights and sounds, he'll probably be quite solid, I imagine.
    I cried this morning. (and wet myself)

I EXPLODED WITH JOY!!!!! I definitely need the Voyagers, Metroplex and Trailcutter AT THE LEAST!!! SO HAPPY!!!!

It's good that Hasbro really listened to the fans, especially with the 30th anniversary soon. IDW (WITH COMICS!!!!), Blitzwing and Trailbreaker/cutter.
    I'm in heaven!

Even though Metroplex is in scale with legends, he'll probably still massively tower over the deluxes, which is pretty good IMO.

I know most people hate Action Masters (as the worst gimmick thread suggests) but I don't. So I'm pleased to see a new Bumblebee toy with his helicopter buddy back

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Need Metroplex, no matter the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagnar1 View Post
    ^This. Will take the rest as they come. Blitz wing looks good. Springer looks blah....but will get though.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I keep saying that I'm going to wait and see if Metroplex is actually WORTH the size and price and isn't just another oversized disappointing figure like Energon Omega Supreme or Cybertron Supreme Starscream etc. -- but who am I kidding, I'm probably gonna buy this toy on sight! (then later regret it when it shelfwarms and goes on sale )
    What's there to not like already?

1. Looks good in robot mode
    2. Looks good in alt mode
    3. Actually got paint apps (looks like Hasbro finally cost-cut-ed that cost cutter who was skimming paint-costs off FOC Generations line)
    4. His alt mode doesn't look like he's been left alone to crouch on all fours and vomit on the side of the road, after an epic Fri night that ended in his bro-bros ditching him

Via Seibertron.com: http://www.seibertron.com/images/toy...troplex050.jpg
    Last edited by SuspectimusPrime; 11th February 2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Fixed link

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post

can anyone else see the surprise?
    G1 Prime waving at us?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Cyberverse Bumblebee and Prime with target master partners? I will happily buy those.

It's amazing how much they made this guy look like Dinobot!!

Also read somewhere, predaking with firey breath? return of the old sparking gimmick? Wonder if it will get banned here during the summers? (Looks out window at 41 degree day)

Oh my! I am very excited about all this news.

Generations figures will be awesome, and the collected comic idea is worth it to try and get more readers as well. Should have happened a long time ago.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Also note a version of BH(?) Ultra Magnus based on the RID Optimus body with wings and a hammer. Does that mean that the old Magnus and (therefore) Thundertron are going to be discontinued? AAaw, I liked that look of Magnus (And more specifically him not being a Prime clone).

This is going to be an expensive year or two. MP Soundwave and friends, MP Prowl, MMC Not-Predacons, and now all these new goodies. And just in time for the Yen to drop courtesy of our new government here - good for Japan, bad for me...
    Still, Hasbro really looks to be delivering the goods.

Early thoughts...
    As always, a lot of passes, a few must-haves, and a lot of wait-and-see-what-the-repaint/remold-is-likes.

Updated huge freaking Metroplex? Nice. Probably won't bite due to cost and Japanese apartment storage space issues (and having Encore Metroplex already), but it's a nice move from Hasbro. Looking forward to seeing pics of it next to Fort Max.

Supreme Predaking looks great. Me want.

Springer looks pretty good. Blitzwing looks nice, but I like my Animated Blitzwing, so I'm hoping for a good repaint/remold there to turn him from a 'probably' into a 'definitely' buy. Really liking Paulbot's idea of redecoing/remolding them both into Classicsverse Battletrap and Flywheels - those would be bought on sight. Am quite keen to see Astrotrain too.

Pass for most of the Beast Hunters stuff, unless we get some decent Firecon homages from the dragon-y types.

Deluxe-wise, Trailcutter looks great (and like there'll be a probable Hoist remold on the way), not too fussed on most of the others atm. What really has me interested about these guys is their potential for retools - would love to see IDW 'bee as Classicverse Hubcap/Bumper and Orion Pax as a an updated minibot (Gears springs to mind).

The new packaging style and IDW collaboration is pure win.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 10th February 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I keep saying that I'm going to wait and see if Metroplex is actually WORTH the size and price and isn't just another oversized disappointing figure like Energon Omega Supreme or Cybertron Supreme Starscream etc. -- but who am I kidding, I'm probably gonna buy this toy on sight! (then later regret it when it shelfwarms and goes on sale )
    It's obvious from the pics of all modes that it has simple engineering. It is probably not worth it from that perspective. However it does look pretty cool as a character representation of Metroplex and the base and mobile base modes are not that different from G1.
    Last edited by kup; 10th February 2013 at 02:30 PM.