Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encore Grimlock

Default Encore Grimlock

That's right folks, TakaraTOMY's next planned reissue (possibly coming after Omega Supreme) will be everyone's favourite Dinobot leader - GRIMLOCK!

Source

Pre-order time!

What??? I thought the mould was lost?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    What??? I thought the mould was lost?
    The only explanation is that they finally got off their asses and recasted it!

Go TAKARA!

Edit: Gok, are you sure that this isn't the KO announced some time ago? What does it say on the website?
    Last edited by kup; 1st April 2008 at 09:27 AM.

I have been waiting to get this for a long time. Hope had been lost for me to get one of these at something i could afford.
    Can't wait!
    Melbourners lets bulk buy from that store gamblor recommended

I have never owned a grimlock before BT grimlock. Can not wait, i love this mold.

Could we get some translations? I'm totaly way too lost to even know that if that's even a Takara site. (I'd be very excited though)

Translations would be brilliant.

Are we sure it isnt an April Fools Joke?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Are we sure it isnt an April Fools Joke?
    hey good point

Picture you got?

Yeah this smells of a really mean April's fools.

The information on that web site was released by TOMY spokesperson Genda Tesshou who said that TakaraTOMY have extensively recasted the mould from the G2 Grimlock mould. According to Genda, 35% of the mould was lost and had to be recast (didn't specify which parts). I've been seeing fans on Japanese TF forums speculating about how TakaraTOMY would probably doing a larger than usual production run to recuperate for the cost of having to retool a lost mould. Reliable sources (i.e.: Ishikawa Hirofumi) has posted saying that he's been asked to write up specs for an 'exclusive repaint' but didn't say more than that. So we don't know if it's going to be an e-Hobby or convention exclusive or what the repaint will be. I'm personally hoping for an e-Hobby reissue of Grimlock in his Diaclone colours and mould (I think the Diaclone mould has pointier teeth and robot head).

I'm definitely gonna pre-order one (my G1 Grimlock's pretty beat up) and I would encourage everyone to consider getting one because obviously if this reissue is a success for TakaraTOMY then it might encourage them to rebuild other lost moulds like the other Dinobots, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack et al. I hope that they won't get burnt again like with reissue God Ginrai (also produced in a massive production run but shelf-warmed for yonks).