Thread: MOTU @ SDCC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MOTU @ SDCC

Nothing new on the MOTUC figure front just yet, but we have a new line, a vehicle and some pics of She-Ra 2.0 to get started!

MOTU Mini figures

I know a man who's bound to be happy with the next photo!

Wind Raider

Vintage box for comparison

She-Ra 2.0 (original head shown here i think)

Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 22nd July 2011 at 10:42 PM.

WOOF! I am happy with a number of those photos

That She-Ra 2.0 looks pretty good as well. I wonder if they will apply that sort of design towards the He-Man figure in the future? Stinkor?

Jesus christ, so much WIN from SDCC. Thoughts of slowing down and ideas of how to wrangle a complete set of Voltron Classics past my wife just went out the window for me thanks to this lot!! Click to enlarge

Oct 2011 - Wind Raider ($40)

Oct 2011 - Icarius (Flipshot)

Nov 2011 - Snout Spout

Nov 2011 - Swiftwind

Nov 2011 - Expensive Month! - Battleground Evil Lyn

Nov 2011 - Good god man give my wallet a break! - Bubble Power She-Ra

Dec 2011 - Demo Man!!

Jan 2012 - Sorceress!!!

Jan 2012 - Star Sisters 3 pack ($60)

Feb 2012 - Fisto

Mar 2012 - Thunder Punch He-Man

Mar 2012 - Kobra Kahn

Subscription bonus figure - Shadow Weaver

Plus, 30th anniversary line of all new figs - 6 figures bi-monthly: Fearless Photog, Horsemen Original Draego Man, a Fan-made one for Dec (decided by US fans only though) and 3 others.

Jan 2012 - Fearless Photog

Mar 2012 - Draego Man

Plus other tidbits:
    SDCC Mattypalooza vote on Granymir, red or green colour
    Filmation rights: get!
    Mekanek and Ram Man have no firm month
    Minicomics return - from Dark Horse.. with the quarterly variants starting with Thunder Punch He-Man, stories by Toyguru..... hmm

Some more pics and the full conference at Toyark

Some of these announcements weren't what i would say i was hoping for, but they look awesome, so i'm excited.
    Only the Star Sisters and maybe Snout Spout, Thunder Punch He-Man are possible skips right now, and that's mostly because there'll be too much to buy per month as it is!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 23rd July 2011 at 07:22 AM.

Amazing! That showing has sure rejuvenated my enthusiasm for MOTUC. Just about all those figures are pure win!

I am also very happy that they are not '1:1 vintage accurate' head sculpts. I was really afraid for Kobrah Khan as he also had a goofy vintage face but the MOTUC toy shown looks ridiculously awesome.

I was also afraid for Snoutspout but they appear to have modernized him enough to look appropriate and not as goofy like the vintage toy but I do need better pics to confirm.

Win all around.

On the down side:

I really hope they change their minds on Shadow Weaver, as excited as I am for this figure, I will not be taking a subscription just for it.

In regards to the Mini-Comics: Awesome idea but given Toyguru's 'fan fiction' they are likely to suck.

Whats the deal with the subscription stuff? I would reallt like that Shadow weaver as well, but a lot of the other figures aren't so important for me.

That new Evil Lyn is so awesome! Bubble Power She-Ra - Eh?

No Stinkor...

And these min-comics, are they going to be included with the figure or seperate? I miss lame ass comics in toys. Although now that I think of it, the ones in Heman weren't too bad.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Been reading and looking at pics all morning! I'm really loving all this MOTUC stuff - pretty much everything will be bought, except for the She-Ra figures, which don't interest me.

The comics idea is... um, not what I expected! Since when is TG a writer?

And what's this new "deal" (between Mattel and Filmation) that everyone keeps mentioning? I can't find any solid info anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Minicomics return - from Dark Horse.. with the quarterly variants starting with Thunder Punch He-Man, stories by Toyguru..... hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In regards to the Mini-Comics: Awesome idea but given Toyguru's 'fan fiction' they are likely to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    The comics idea is... um, not what I expected! Since when is TG a writer?
    I would feel the exact same way, but Toyguru's not actually writing the comics, Tim Seeley is. Toyguru is an illiterate moron. Tim Seeley is the experienced toy-property writer of G.I. Joe and Joe/T.F. Comics and genius behind Colt Noble And The Megalords. He knows MOTU well and should be able to make a good script from whatever ToyGonad throws at him.

Sorry bout the confusion, i guess i'll blame staying up till 5am to watch the announcements last night!

Here's the pic with all comic credits