Thread: **SPOILERS** DOTM Runtime Revealed

Default **SPOILERS** DOTM Runtime Revealed

SPOILERS BELOW

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-172110/

So initially it was reported the movie would only be < 2 hrs, but Nelson's report at SFTE is contradictory. What do you think would be better?

It's going to be close to 2.5 hrs to be consistent with the first two movies. Either way, runtime is unimportant. You're either going to want it to last longer or end sooner
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's going to be close to 2.5 hrs to be consistent with the first two movies. Either way, runtime is unimportant. You're either going to want it to last longer or end sooner
    LOL! So true.

I would expect it to be about about 2.5 hrs. I would guess 8 reels = 160 min

i reckon at least 2 and a half hours. we now know that the battle goes for ***SPOILER?!?!***
    the last hour of the movie, according to an early cut so there would have to be at least an hour and a bit leading p to that or it would just make no sense

I don't mind a long movie if the movie actually engages me during that time. Movies feel longer when they're less engaging. While TF1 and ROTF had similar running times, RotF "felt" longer because it wasn't as engaging. Even now when I watch them on DVD I find it more difficult to watch RotF continuously from start to finish compared to TF1.

So yeah, like 5FDP said -- if the movie is engaging, then you'll want it to last longer. If not, then you'll want it to end sooner. I remember the first time I watched The Fellowship of the Ring in the cinema -- the movie finished with me wanting to watch more! I wanted the movie to go longer, then I looked at the time and realised that it was a 3 hour flick! As the saying goes, time flies when you have fun... so if DotM proves to be a fun movie, then it shouldn't feel long.

i remember the first time i went to go see titanic with a girl and omg i could not stop checking my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_217 View Post
    i reckon at least 2 and a half hours. we now know that the battle goes for ***SPOILER?!?!***
    the last hour of the movie, according to an early cut so there would have to be at least an hour and a bit leading p to that or it would just make no sense
    You look to be right, the reviewer said the 1st hour and a half of the movie was setting the scene with the occasional action scene thrown in, and the last hour was the battle royale in Chicago, so using simple math suggests it will be 2 and a half hours length at least. (Unless they trim it down for the commecial release).

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    i remember the first time i went to go see titanic with a girl and omg i could not stop checking my watch.
    Pfft... I went and watched Princess Mononoke instead. Thoroughly enjoyed that!