Alt-mode - Saleen S281 police car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - scale, greater screen likeness
    Main Colours - black with white, grey and silver highlights
    Main Accessories - food slicer^rotor blade wheel

Photos:

Comparison with the 2007 Deluxe figure

Pros
    + Superior screen accuracy, both in terms of sculpt and colours
    + In scale with other SS toys (see "Regarding Scale" below)
    + Smaller chest allows for greater range of arm movement
    + No parts that are prone to popping off
    + Detachable spinning accessory is much better than the extendable left hand gimmick on the 07 hand
    + Better balanced than the 07 toy
    + Mid section tabs in better than on the 07 toy and isn't as prone to popping out
    + Having actual hands is sooo much better than the quasi-hands on the old figure
    + The front section actually contracts to become the chest. The 07 toy expands, but in the movie model it shrinks down, so this is more accurate to the way that Barricade transforms in the film.

Cons
    - The faux rubber window kibble on the back doesn't look nearly as nice as having actual windows form up the back like on the 07 figure
    - 07 figure has clear headlights and nicer looking strobe light. SS Barricade's headlights are just painted silver, and while the strobe light is serviceable the 07 figure's admittedly looks better
    - While the mid section does tab in better than the old toy, it doesn't exactly tab in firmly either.
    - No stowage for the spinning blade weapon in vehicle mode. You either attach it for his attack vehicle mode or just set it aside. Mind you SS Bumblebee suffers from the same issue.
    - Aww, no Frenzy gimmick. I understand why it doesn't have it, but still... that's a fun gimmick on the older figure.

Regarding Scale
    The first thing that strikes you about this toy is that it's small. But this is not uncommon with SS cars -- Bumblebee and particularly Jazz are also quite small Deluxes. But of course, this is deliberately done to keep the toys in scale. I'll post some side-by-side comparison pics with Bumblebee later, but for now here are some comparative numbers. Both Barricade and Bumblebee are 12cm. In the live action movie they're both 4.9m tall, so having them the same height puts them both to scale in robot mode. Here are their real life vehicle dimensions:
    Saleen S281
    Length - 4.8m
    Width - 1.9m
    Height - 1.4m
    2nd Generation Camaro
    Length - 4.8m
    Width - 1.9m
    Height - 1.3m
    So they're about the same size (IRL the Camaro is slightly smaller), so I'd expect SS Bumblebee and Barricade to be roughly the same size in car mode.

Overall
    I think that Studio Series Barry Cade has a better robot mode whereas the original movie Deluxe has the better car mode. Not the greatest Studio Series toy, but considering that you're effectively getting a scaled down and simplified Masterpiece Barricade but for a fraction of the price, I think it's worth the asking price.

I've got MP Barricade for robot mode and Human Alliance Barricade for alt mode. I'll still pick this guy up if I see him in stores.

Additional thoughts

Studio Series Barricade is extremely fiddly and requires a fair amount of panel massaging to get the panels to try and sit flush. 2007 DLX Barricade on the other hand is far easier and more enjoyable to transform. So for transformation in terms of intuitiveness and fun factor I gotta award that point to the 2007 toy. I'm not a fan of toys that I have to struggle to make transform - saps out a lot of fun during toy play.

Okay, so here is a side by side size comparison between Barricade and Bumblebee in vehicle mode.
    in vehicle mode.

So as far as the toys are concerned, the sizes are:
    Barricade
    Length - 12cm
    Width - 5cm
    Height - 3.2cm (not incl. strobe light)
    Bumblebee
    Length - 12.5cm
    Width - 4.9cm
    Height - 3.2cm
    So yeah, pretty darn close.

For more comparative pics, see this action pose post.

I wish the toys were the same size as those of yesteryear, while still maintaining their scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wish the toys were the same size as those of yesteryear, while still maintaining their scale.
    The problem with that is that the larger toys, being in the same scale, would become massive.
    e.g. Starscream, Optimus Prime, Blackout etc.
    Grimlock's the one Studio Series figure that's not to scale... for obvious reasons

I don't mind the smaller scale so long as the engineering still justifies the price. Remember that although we tend to call them size classes, they're really not. They're price points. Generally toys within certain price points stay within a certain size range, but not always. There have been exceptions long before (e.g. Beast Machines Megatron, Animated Lugnut etc.). SS Barricade may be smaller than 2007 Barricade, but the level of engineering is just off the scale compared to that toy. SS Barricade is more complicated to transform than 2007's Leader Class Optimus Prime. It's still better value than any Cyberverse toy. I've yet to come across one that felt like it was worth its asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Grimlock's the one Studio Series figure that's not to scale... for obvious reasons
    Dropkick says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Dropkick says hi!
    D'oh!