Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Exclusive: Marissa Fairborn with Afterburner

Default Club Exclusive: Marissa Fairborn with Afterburner

Apparently the next club exclusive after Nova Prime will be Marissa Fairborne with a non-transforming Afterburner.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...rburner/31076/

The graphic looks really good but a shame that Afterburner doesnt transform. These club exclusives are so far looking better than the Subscription Service ones so I suppose for some it makes up for the lackluster TFSS 3.0

This is a complete fail. Would much rather them ditch Marissa Faireborn for a proper transforming Transformer!
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 15th August 2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    This is a complete fail. Would much rather them ditch her for a proper transforming Transformer!
    Yeah, I thought a retool of generations Chromia would be a great Aterburner
    Last edited by griffin; 15th August 2014 at 03:06 PM.

I am cautiously excited, if it turns out well, as I want to have action figures of the iconic humans from the generations.

There looks to be a lot of complaining on the American sites about this not being a transforming toy, forgetting that "Transformers" is a noun (a brand name), not a verb. Which only guarantees a character toy from the Brand, not limited to just transforming toys from the Brand.

And they are probably the ones complaining when Hasbro never releases proper toys of the humans in each series. (we got some static figurines for TFPrime, but they don't move and just five characters from the show... and a few movie characters as Human Alliance)

This is something I've been expecting from FunPub for ten years now, since they have access to both GIJoe and Transformers moulds and characters... and I've been wanting to have a collection of human characters in action figures from the ages. Like a collection of "Trans-Humans" from over the 30 years. (the concept I pitched to Hasbro Australia many years ago, among other ideas, but they can't produce exclusives for us here)

(not too keen about another GIJoe vehicle being done as a Transformer, like the SDCC vehicles)

As for preferring a transformable toy over this human action figure - this is not in place of a transforming toy... it's yet another expansion of FunPub's toy range.
    In 2015, FunPub's Transformers products will be...
    1 Membership toy (LioConvoy)
    1 paired store exclusive (Nova Prime - with space in the box for Lio Convoy)
    1 non-paired store exclusive (Marissa)
    7 Subscription figures
    5 boxset figure (usually)
    7 at-show figures (usually)
    1 attendee figure
    1 Custom class figure
    (and a pack of Kreons are likely now)

Just when you think they already sell enough each year, that's a record 24 for next year (plus all their GIJoe toys they sell). Compared to just 12 in each of their first two years with the license. They are now selling twice as many toys as their first two years... shows how much of a cash-cow our fandom is, and despite all the complaining, fans are obviously buying enough of their products to warrant doubling of the range.

Cool! Totally onboard for this, as long as the sculpt looks good. Looking forward to more pics.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've been wanting to have a collection of human characters in action figures from the ages. Like a collection of "Trans-Humans" from over the 30 years. (the concept I pitched to Hasbro Australia many years ago, among other ideas, but they can't produce exclusives for us here)
    Well I quite liked Marissa in season 3, even if she did suddenly have a southern accent in Big Broadcast of 2006 (Y'all cant do this!) and was seduced by that trader dude a bit too easily when teamed up with the Technobots.

So we've had a ton of Spikes, a Dr Archeville and now a Marissa. Have we had an offiial Daniel or just a 3rd party one? And then I guess it really just leaves Sparkplug, Chip and Carly from the western G1 cartoon unless people can think of any others that wern't complete one-offs.

We do indeed have a number of figures of some Gen1 characters, but in all different size scales.
    Just like the new MP toys, I'd like to see a set of scaled humans as well, and the existing GIJoe figures could help with that since they are all the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah, I thought a retool of generations Chromia would be a great Aterburner
    I really like that as an option, but they'll probably have an official afterburner in the next few years as a part of the upcoming combiner wars line and I don't know what mold they are using for this afterburner but it's more likely to be a shape that the Marissa toy can actually ride with proper handholds etc..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

apparently, according to the seibertron news post it's a GI Joe Wheel Blaster Bike.

pictures of previous releases below.
    I think it will look pretty good with afterburner colours, not too different to what they've already produced.

My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So we've had a ton of Spikes, a Dr Archeville and now a Marissa. Have we had an offiial Daniel or just a 3rd party one? .
    There's a few:
    MP Magnus will come with Daniel, CM Corps have the Licensed Brave Gokin Excel Suit Spike & Daniel & Impossible Toys also have a Spike & Daniel in Exosuit