Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

This fella is on sale at Big W tomorrow Good deal for 435 pieces. That's cheaper than it was at US RRP!

On another interesting note, Toy Kingdom appears to have pulled in last year's Mars Mission Sets and Exo-Force sets for cheap. They're all at discount prices, cheaper than retail by 20-30%.

The Mars Mission mothership at $60 seems really appealing. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    On another interesting note, Toy Kingdom appears to have pulled in last year's Mars Mission Sets and Exo-Force sets for cheap. They're all at discount prices, cheaper than retail by 20-30%.
    hmm interesting, which Toy Kingdom did you see them at? and which ones are last years? is there a site to check?.. I know they have, or used to have anyway, iron condors and blade titans for $15, about a dozen or so, i got a couple, even got one for $7.50 when it was 50% off

See, I have no liking for the motorised features. What I like about Lego is the build and aesthetic. Not so much the playability or electronics. I'd rather add extra room for details and labs on the Reaper rather than have it taken up by electronic features.
    I totally agree. It was always about the build and aesthetics, but seeing those cool new treads on the reaper makes it just begging to be motorized remotely! The lab stays in the motorized build but ends up being covered up by the battery pack. The hangar/bay for the dump truck has to go to make way for the motor and battery pack.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    This fella is on sale at Big W tomorrow. Good deal for 435 pieces. That's cheaper than it was at US RRP!
    That's one of my favorite Mars Mission vehicles. Such an original build and fantastic angles on the craft. Only real downside to it is the two tube containers. They don't stay in the position they are meant to, due to the coil attached to them. Otherwise this dropship reminds me a lot of the Aliens dropship.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    The Mars Mission mothership at $60 seems really appealing. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
    Big W still has some for $55. I've been oohing and ahhing over it for an eternity now and from the pictures alone, and from past experience with searies 1 MArs Mission alien crafts, this looks like it will be a boring build with a very hard to display final model. The features on it isn't exactly that great and the detail looks boring. Remember though, I'm basing it from pictures alone.

Anybody know if I could get this at around $60 or less? The RRP is killing me and I so want the set. I've got a lego itch TFs can't scratch!

http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7672-1

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Anybody know if I could get this at around $60 or less? The RRP is killing me and I so want the set. I've got a lego itch TFs can't scratch!

I've seen it at Target but never bothered to scan b/c I don't think it looks that good. Legoshop has it for $100 so w/ 20% off sale starting this morning, it should $80. Might not get better than that but I don't really follow the SW Lego much.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

See, I have no liking for the motorised features. What I like about Lego is the build and aesthetic. Not so much the playability or electronics. I'd rather add extra room for details and labs on the Reaper rather than have it taken up by electronic features.
    Well don't buy technic then. I'm glad they have motors now. Very very glad they brought them back. Technic is about the technical.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Well don't buy technic then. I'm glad they have motors now. Very very glad they brought them back. Technic is about the technical.
    I was never into the Technic as a kid as it just didn't look as cool or have the all important minifigs but now I really want to get some to use to enhance the NXT sets I can build.
    Lego has always been a smart kid's toy and Lego Technic even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post

DUDE I HAVE A COMPLETE ONE FOR SALE IN MY SALE THREAD FOR AN EXCELLENT PRICE.

I will PM you now.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I was never into the Technic as a kid as it just didn't look as cool or have the all important minifigs but now I really want to get some to use to enhance the NXT sets I can build.
    Lego has always been a smart kid's toy and Lego Technic even more so.
    Me neither. I was always too intimidated by it, and I just liked to stick with the space/castle/town stuff anyway back then.

The last set of Lego I remember getting back in the day was (maybe ironically), the light and sound xt spaceship. Which I bought another one again not too long ago too.

But when I started to get back into lego again, the first set I bought was the baja desert racers. Pretty much a technic set with pullback motors.

Then I just moved onto getting the old space sets I used to have, and I took a huge interest in technic, plus the modern versions of older series, such as castle. Also I'm right into the creator sets too. Just pure brick fun.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

This fella is on sale at Big W tomorrow Good deal for 435 pieces. That's cheaper than it was at US RRP!

The mothership is okay but is a bit fiddly. I wouldn't pay $60 for it though even if thats the special price. I got mine at Big W for $40 on clearance several months back so for that price I can live with it. I hate the pump launcher though - you need to bash it really hard to make the missles fire.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky