Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope someone can help

Default Hope someone can help

Hi guys, just came across this http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Transform...-/321136477235

Does anybody....anyone at all ....have a clue where to get this sucker cheaper! would be a great Chrissy present

Going to show the mrs.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There's a few other Ebay sellers selling it for ~$480 including shipping.

It's a nice set, but the mark up is fairly steep considering the original retail price of $350 (though it gets better when you factor in shipping). If you're patient, it seems like there's a good chance of a re-issue but it could be a while given all their other projects. Until then, Ebay is probably your best bet - as far as I know all other online retailers are sold out.

I just realised that Ebay listing I linked is from Ehobbybaseshop. They have 2 listed on Ebay and 1 on their website for $429+shipping. Buying direct may work out cheaper than ebay, but they may not have stock on hand. Either way, you'll probably want to move quickly as those prices are about $40 cheaper than the next nearest seller.
    Last edited by Iriorne; 16th October 2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Ehobby stock status unclear

Wow, this toy certainly got a considerable mark up. Glad I got him when I did.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Wow, this toy certainly got a considerable mark up. Glad I got him when I did.
    It's still the best combiner in my collection by far, but I have a feeling that Feral Rex will claim that mantel.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    well here another option for you ...
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...29&mode=retail
    Personally, I much prefer Giant over Hercules, but we won't open that particular can of worms again.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    Personally, I much prefer Giant over Hercules, but we won't open that particular can of worms again.
    Can someone provide the link. I too am thinking of getting one of these combiners. Now is the time to buy with the rise in the Aussie dollar.

If you just wish to own the mould, the original G2 Yellow Giant still sells for a reasonable price: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Make-Toys...df3af65&_uhb=1

From memory, the major differences would be the lack of a second head, not-Hook's crane being non-removable, and also the forearms being shorter. I don't recall the reviewers commenting on a major difference in its plastic quality.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    From memory, the major differences would be the lack of a second head, not-Hook's crane being non-removable, and also the forearms being shorter. I don't recall the reviewers commenting on a major difference in its plastic quality.
    Don't forget the yellow deco, which is more RL but less G1 accurate.

One of the big changes was the crane arm on Hook/Mobile Crane. It was changed in Green Giant to make it removable, which helps in robot mode as you can tab it onto the back, but also to allow it to fold in half when extended which is a big advantage in combined mode as it allows the crane arm to hang down vertically instead of sticking straight out. A lot of people seem to hate the second head but I prefer it over the original. To each, their own, and you can't fault MT for giving options. There were a few modifications to the parts for some of the bots as well but I understand that they were integrated into the later release yellow giant sets.

Here are my thoughts on the Giant v Hercules debate, you can find 1000+ pages of arguing on TFW if you care enough. I think Hercules has the advantage of being still widely available and is now cheaper than Giant, but I'm still not a fan of the TFC size or aesthetic and the combiner port ratchet durability is still suspect.

Also wasn't aware they'd changed the arms for the Green Giant release. The Green arms are still a bit on the short side as it is, so probably a good thing they were lengthened.