Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Transformers exhibition: Ikebukuro

Default World of Transformers exhibition: Ikebukuro

Went to this cool art gallery thing plugging Transformers, the Bumblebee movie and the Japanese version of Legacy the Art of Transformers today. It was in the PArco Building in Ikebukuro, right near the JR train station. Lots of original character artwork and other stuff.

163% more enjoyable than the Bumblebee Cafe!

Took a bunch of pics

It was awesome! If you have a chance, should definitely go!

Read about it here.

A very nice report and heaps of photos... much better than what I saw on TFW.

I was going to post about their news posting on the exhibit, along with the Bumblebee themed cafe (in the same building), which are both running for about the same amount of time - the cafe is from March 8th to 31st, while the Transformers Exhibit is only on from March 15th to April 1st. But Tets also did a good review of the Bumblebee cafe here... which is just a regular cafe that looks to change its theme every few weeks or months (like the one in Hong Kong that I went to in 2017 with Bladestorm).

A shame that the exhibit is only on for two and half weeks... and apparently only announced a week before it started... which doesn't give long-distance people any time to plan ahead to travel to it to check it out. I certainly would have considered a trip to Japan to include a visit to the exhibition if we were given more than a few months notice.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A shame that the exhibit is only on for two and half weeks... and apparently only announced a week before it started... which doesn't give long-distance people any time to plan ahead to travel to it to check it out. I certainly would have considered a trip to Japan to include a visit to the exhibition if we were given more than a few months notice.
    Thanks for the plug Griff!

Having a look through the Takaratomy Website, they have an announcements page, which I only juts noticed after looking for info on this and the cafe. The exhibition has a link to the PArco website and slight mention from 12 of Feb.
    The first mention of the BUmblebee Cafe was couple of weeks before it started.

Now that I know that page is there, I'm gonna keep a closer eye on what it has to offer.

That's still only a months notice... which is a shame as they could have attracted more global interest if they gave a few months notice, instead of just 4 weeks.

Very envious.. I would love to see an art exhibit like that, and thank you for taking so many lovely photos so that we could get a glimpse of it. Especially the wooden models, I find them just fascinating.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Thank you for the write-up sir, I enjoyed reading it

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow,

Any way those available prints can be purchased from here somehow?

I really want that Guido Headmasters piece.

Also, it's a shame they aren't selling prints of that old artwork. I'd never seen that Duocon or Seacons art before.

That was an awesome write-up mate! Would have loved to be there!

Still having trouble leaving comments on your blog. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. Have no idea if the comments I left on this one worked or not.