Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDW Revolution, Hasbro Titles Crossover

Default IDW Revolution, Hasbro Titles Crossover

So ROM, GI Joe, Transformers, MTMTE, MASK and whatever are having a crossover (except MLP) and when the dust settles...

All the titles will relanch with issue 1. Article doesn't go into specifics but it looks like it'll be shared universe and a, "new direction."

No thanks IDW and Hasbro. RiD has been suffering a bit more than needed to fit in the Hasbro toy tie ins and this will not help in the slightest.

Wonder if the new #1 will be rebranded? I still call the Earth series RiD because it helps me maintain what is what in my mind, but a sub title other than transformers really is needed, especially with another movie on the way.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It explains the new convention direction... as this shared universe (movies and now comics) woukd be the theme of their new conventions as it will be like a MCU convention. A shame that they had to sacrifice BotCon, Joecon and the existing IDW comics for this new grand vision.

Their Hub channel didn't work.
    I hope this fares better.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Argh... there is something so grand about watching MTMTE and Ex-RiD go past #40, #50...
    so now we won't get one with #60, etc. We may well get that many comics... but it feels like a death knell for the current creative vision.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Bassvot they could always go back to the original numbering like marvel does

Whatever I might think about how IDW's Transformers is going now, it's hard to argue that there was a lot of creative freedoms given to something that exists primarily to sell toys/IP, and this has lead to the creation of something special.

Hasbro's rush to emulate Marvel and it's shared universe approach will, I hope, be seen as the repugnant marketing attempt that it is and will be rejected by people, leading to further autonomy between titles.

That being said this could be the best thing that could ever happen but, well, the cynic in me has it's doubts.

It's certainly been a catch 22 with Transformers. It was almost cancelled a couple of times around the 90s and we wanted it to be popular enough to get fan focussed products, but now that we have that Hasbro are wanting to try to get their other brands in on the act and hope that the billion dollar success of TFs rubs off... sacrificing the independence of the bigger brands like ours.

In the Interview, Chris Ryall ..

Ryall:

How do the other Transformers books play in (MTMTE, TAAO), renumbered? ending? untouched?
    We'll get into more specifics soon but some will end and restart differently; TAAO will keep rolling as is.

It won't affect Titan Wars. We've been threading this needle very carefully for some time know, building to this.

MTMTE untouched?
    Rather, you can assume that any involvement will make sense to that series and not change what James has built.

OK now I'm panicking. Restarting MTMTE is just about the craziest thing to do to a book with such a hardcore fandom.
    I understand the trepidation but we're not abandoning plans, characters or stories. Just moving things forward.

Not a reboot in any way, shape or form, actually. All the stories you read here before still happened.

We'll get into new-title specifics & teams before long. If you like the way things are, you'll be happy. Only moreso
    it's not quite all doom and gloom, but it really feels silly to be restructuring a winning comic series like MTMTE in any way.

does anyone know what TAAO stands for?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    does anyone know what TAAO stands for?
    'Till All Are One. Their third attempt at a Windblade ongoing.