Thread: Buying older sets

Default Buying older sets

I'm going to start buying the 2012 Marvel sets before they get more expensive. When I'm looking for these old sets is "New in Box" meant to indicate that the box has never been opened like MISB for TFs or just that it includes the box and it may have been opened?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm going to start buying the 2012 Marvel sets before they get more expensive. When I'm looking for these old sets is "New in Box" meant to indicate that the box has never been opened like MISB for TFs or just that it includes the box and it may have been opened?
    Normally sellers will put BNIB (brand new in box). But I believe if unsure, ask the seller. I got caught before when seller said it was 100% complete, it did not come with the box. Interpretation was 100% complete with pieces and instructions.

Yeah Lego is very different to TF's. As a buyer and seller in the last three years I've learnt that some people say BNIB (Brand new in bags) is not Brand new in box, but MISB is still Mint in sealed Box.
    The reason for this is that some Lego collectors don't care about the box so they are happy with BNIB, but it's best to clarify with the seller before jumping in.
    The advantage with Lego and the bigger sets buying without box but brand new in bags is obviously the postage price.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)