Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: A third Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus coming?

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    A) the lines and shape on the chest, and;
    B) that's not an arm, it's a leg.
    I dunno, not sold yet. I mean obviously there are going to be improvements but I haven't seen enough to get me excited, also I dread the price for a toy the size of Megatron + trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Can you imagine a true seeker 2.0
    Yes, I can I have a Third Party one, but if Takara do make a seeker 2.0 that's likley to be a kick in the groin for fans who picked up all 3 Takara overpriced coneheads.

A) the lines and shape on the chest, and;
    B) that's not an arm, it's a leg.
    there are 2 pics. i said the photo of the chest and arm. I know one photo is of a leg. it is a bit different, i can see that they have removed the details like windscreen wiper. but how can you say that is miles ahead of the existing one already?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    there are 2 pics. i said the photo of the chest and arm. I know one photo is of a leg. it is a bit different, i can see that they have removed the details like windscreen wiper. but how can you say that is miles ahead of the existing one already?
    The arm wasn't really my focus as there's no real discernable change to the arm. The lies on the chest re more square and flat - reminiscent of the animation model. If it was just that, I'd say "wait and see", but the legs are the smoking gun here. To say that they're a little bit different is like saying Hell is slightly warm.

What the leg design shows is that unlike previous designs this will have slavish animation accuracy in robot mode. MP-01 had exposed wheels. MP-10 had the same exposed wheels, but had a panel flip over to cover them. They're great figures, but even in the leg department, the engineering was never spectacular.

The difference between these legs though is that the wheels are completely hidden - where it looks like from the large panels on the legs, that the wheels sit inside the legs in robot mode.

If they're going for that level of screen accuracy this time and the complex engineering to pull it off, then it stands to reason that the same attention to detail and complexity of transformation will be applied to the rest of the body.

I agree that they could still reveal something which isn't quite animation accurate, but what has been shown suggests that Prime 3.0 will be on a whole other level of animation accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Well thats because Unicron made Galvatron not Takara. I’ll see myself out.
    Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Well thats because Unicron made Galvatron not Takara. I’ll see myself out.
    LOL!

I can see that it's different, but I don't think I care enough. I Love MP-04 and I very much like MP-10. I really like the design aesthetic that the teen and early 20's MP's had, they felt more 'realistic' to me, what a robot that turns into a vehicle would look like. The more recent designs with the more cartoon accurate robot modes are still great but I do miss the less cartoony look. It works fine for characters like shockwave since they have no earth mode, but the others feel a bit odd when they get too smooth in their bot modes.

I need them to keep making new characters, if they do a seekers 3.0 and redo the Teen numbered MP's to make them 'more cartoon accurate' I'm going to be pretty disappointed.I have all the Conehead seekers and the first version of the original 3 seekers, plus some of the others. I really want to see other characters.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    LOL!

I can see that it's different, but I don't think I care enough. I Love MP-04 and I very much like MP-10. I really like the design aesthetic that the teen and early 20's MP's had, they felt more 'realistic' to me, what a robot that turns into a vehicle would look like. The more recent designs with the more cartoon accurate robot modes are still great but I do miss the less cartoony look. It works fine for characters like shockwave since they have no earth mode, but the others feel a bit odd when they get too smooth in their bot modes.
    Sounds to me like you're best holding out for when the Diaclone 2.0 Car Robots figures get released

Sounds to me like you're best holding out for when the Diaclone 2.0 Car Robots figures get released
    Interesting you say that, I will be tempted by a red sunstreaker if they do one, simply because of the origins of the design, being a masterpiece version of the original first diaclone toy.

I've had Sunstreaker out on the coffee table ready to transform for over a week now. all I've done is change between the super tuning mode and the normal lambo mode. It's mostly a 'I'm too tired to enjoy it' thing though than anything else.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Interesting you say that, I will be tempted by a red sunstreaker if they do one, simply because of the origins of the design, being a masterpiece version of the original first diaclone toy.

I've had Sunstreaker out on the coffee table ready to transform for over a week now. all I've done is change between the super tuning mode and the normal lambo mode. It's mostly a 'I'm too tired to enjoy it' thing though than anything else.
    Actually when they do them (if they're game enough to give us + versions then they're game enough to engineer MP toy accurate versions with dianauts) what we get will be radically different to the animation accurate MPs we've been getting of late.

Lol. That was me. I did the same thing for about a week. Sat down at night ready to transform him and just couldn't muster up the energy so just flipped the supercharger out, flipped it back and put him down. All I can say is, once you get around to it, it's a pretty cool transformation. It's fairly intuitive and you won't have any trouble remembering the steps back to car mode. I really like Sunstreaker
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I started Sunstreaker, got confused and too worried about breaking something and never bothered again. Didn't even try to Transform Megatron due to warnings of paint issues.

Will have a go one day but for now they will stay in the box.