Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFA Voyager Grimlock???

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Sounds like you're really not a fan of Animated Grimmy and that makes it a bad purchase, i.e. you'll regret it down the track. $50 is a lot IMO to spend on something you don't really want. Classics is a good secondary option, but the real question to ask yourself is whether the time and sacrifice of saving for an extended period of time would be worth it in the long run.

This news may be of interest btw, it's still pretty costly but it beats ebay prices. That said, I'd be pretty surprised if we don't get an AU release sometime.
    I am a fan of animated grimlock...i just dont think its the greatest grimlock toy...I probably would get MP Grimlock, only i dont really have $149.99. Ill do some more thinking...saving for a while wont hurt.

save for MP Grimlock, trust me you will appreciate it and treasure it

Ever considered a G1 Grimlock? He's much like MP grimlock except a liiiittle bit smaller

Personally, I think Voyager Grimlock is great. Okay, yeah, he has a big hole in his dinosaur mode chest which exposes his robot head (and I'm blatantly biased towards him because I love the Dinobots), but otherwise he's a really good toy. I like the other Animated Dinobots better, though, because they look, well, dinosaur-ish, whereas Grimlock looks more robotic.

Classics Grimlock is an alright toy-the dinosaur mode is his best mode. I think the Special Edition Overkill repaint is more suiting for the mold.

There is the Activator version of Grimlock. While it doesn't have the sword, it's significantly cheaper than the Voyager, and VERY significantly cheaper than MP Grimlock.

Thinking of MP Grimlock, it seems to me that he's more of a display piece than a 'toy'. I think you should take that in account (if such things matter to you, obviously) if you're thinking about getting MP Grimlock.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 23rd May 2009 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    There is the Activator version of Grimlock.
    That's a good suggestion! Perhaps you could buy an Activator to satiate your desire for Grimlock until you can afford an MP.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    There is the Activator version of Grimlock. While it doesn't have the sword, it's significantly cheaper than the Voyager, and VERY significantly cheaper than MP Grimlock.
    Genius. This idea is full of win.

Classics Grimlock sucks, Animated Grimlock is cool, but MP Grimlock is the ducks nuts! I recommend you save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    save for MP Grimlock, trust me you will appreciate it and treasure it
    + a zillion
    and kev owes me for getting him such a good price :P

if you do intend to save up for MP grimlock, you should budget for something around the 200+ AUD mark. When we preorded, we paid 183aud shipped from japan, and that was an amazing price.

oh and my girlfriend looooooooves mp grimlock

...AU$180-something might be okay, but if it's gonna cost you more than $200 including shipping then you might as well pay an extra $20-30 and buy it from a local import store. At least you'll have the toy right there in your hand and carry it home from the shop instead of worry about anything happening to it in shipping. Still... a saving of $20-30 could buy you a Scout or Deluxe. <shrug> (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide63 View Post
    I've been thinking for a while, I want to get a grimlock figure, but seems the Masterpiece Grimlock is cancelled for Australia...TFA Voyager would be next best thing...probably not but its most available to me. I want to know is it worth it...I know it may not be brilliant cause its 'animated'. But is it a good figure otherwise...
    Keep an eye out on ebay.. if you keep ur eye out, you might find a loose animated or henkei Grimlock for much less than normal. Alternatively, look for an incomplete or partially broken G1 figure - those too are much less than normal. Even, when you older than 13, money is still an issue for the best of us

I have animated grimlock - he is still in his box, and to be honest, hasn't really done much for me. I'd say go with what GoktimusPrime suggested - Henkei. If all else fails - go with your gut! Peace