View Poll Results: Generations FOC Shockwave worth getting?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!!!

23 76.67%
  • Only if...

7 23.33%
  • No way

0 0%
  • Not interested.

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: Generations FOC Shockwave

So... it's an undocumented feature that only fans would find out or assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Jazz and Optimus were spotted in Devonport Kmart (Tas). Shockwave is in the same wave, but shortpacked (3 Jazz, 3 Optimus, 2 Shockwave). So he's around.
    I saw that sighting post too... it strikes me as a little strange that they were spotted in Tasmania first. I wonder if they were from someone who bought a case from an online store and decided to return the 'left-overs' to Kmart and make a profit <shrug> Seen that done before with Asian exclusives.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So... it's an undocumented feature that only fans would find out or assume?
    Yeh, I guess so.

I only cottoned on coz I like the blam of that gun in WFC

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I saw that sighting post too... it strikes me as a little strange that they were spotted in Tasmania first. I wonder if they were from someone who bought a case from an online store and decided to return the 'left-overs' to Kmart and make a profit <shrug> Seen that done before with Asian exclusives.
    Nope, you'd be surprised how often stuff shows up in Tassie first. There's just not that many collectors down here, so the sightings threads are a little bare.

I used to keep up with sightings but honestly these days I buy most of my stuff online. Sick of Kmart and Target's crap, particularly their ridiculous stocking practices. The local store's bait-and-switch tactics at toy sale time are legendary as I'm sure they are around the country.

Next up will be the FOC Bruticus wave, where anyone buying locally will have no hope in hell of collecting a complete Bruticus without having to scramble all around town looking for the various components, since Hasbro in their infinite wisdom decide individual packaging was the way to go. So we'll see FOC Optimus and possibly Jazz shelfwarming like crazy. And I doubt we'll ever see the Wreckers released locally at all because of said shelfwarming. But I digress...

Nope, you'd be surprised how often stuff shows up in Tassie first. There's just not that many collectors down here, so the sightings threads are a little bare.

I used to keep up with sightings but honestly these days I buy most of my stuff online. Sick of Kmart and Target's crap, particularly their ridiculous stocking practices. The local store's bait-and-switch tactics at toy sale time are legendary as I'm sure they are around the country.

Next up will be the FOC Bruticus wave, where anyone buying locally will have no hope in hell of collecting a complete Bruticus without having to scramble all around town looking for the various components, since Hasbro in their infinite wisdom decide individual packaging was the way to go. So we'll see FOC Optimus and possibly Jazz shelfwarming like crazy. And I doubt we'll ever see the Wreckers released locally at all because of said shelfwarming. But I digress...
    Maybe my knowledge of Hasbro's toy distribution is a little skewed, but I was under the impression that unless a retail chain orders direct from an OS supplier all stock is shipped directly from their warehouse located in Sydney. Sure, once it gets to the store you could find it on the shelves at different times, but to find something weeks before any other store / state that's usually a case of street date being broken which normally only applies to optical media i.e. DVD's, CD's, video games etc.

Like you, I am buying most of my stuff online (which I have done for FoC Bruticus), however in this case I'm waiting for Shockwave to hit the stores because I couldn't justify the shipping costs for just one deluxe-sized toy.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Maybe my knowledge of Hasbro's toy distribution is a little skewed, but I was under the impression that unless a retail chain orders direct from an OS supplier all stock is shipped directly from their warehouse located in Sydney. Sure, once it gets to the store you could find it on the shelves at different times, but to find something weeks before any other store / state that's usually a case of street date being broken which normally only applies to optical media i.e. DVD's, CD's, video games etc.

Like you, I am buying most of my stuff online (which I have done for FoC Bruticus), however in this case I'm waiting for Shockwave to hit the stores because I couldn't justify the shipping costs for just one deluxe-sized toy.
    In this case, where there's only one figure in an assortment that's worth getting but is completely necessary for my collection, I'll pony up an extra $5 to get him off ebay just to make sure I don't miss out. If you factored in all the petrol and time spent searching it'd even out in the long run anyway.

I'll only be getting FOC Bruticus if the game itself treats the individual characters well, since the combined mode is complete ass. Judging by the demo however they may have just done that. They're like an evil A-team, exactly how I always envisioned them.

They're like an evil A-team, exactly how I always envisioned them.
    Lulz!! That's so how I'm playing w/ my Combaticons from now on!

I'll only be getting FOC Bruticus if the game itself treats the individual characters well, since the combined mode is complete ass. Judging by the demo however they may have just done that. They're like an evil A-team, exactly how I always envisioned them.
    ^ What he said! Onslaught was my favourite from the demo, hope he ends up crushing Starscream at some point in the game.

Looking forward to finding a Shockwave locally, despite his short stature he will fit in with the Classics Decepticons just perfectly.

Lined him up with my classics the other day. Suprisingly he is actually a little taller than the Starscream/seeker mold. It's just that he looks really scrawny.

The thing that shines through for me with him that HasTak still have over any 3rd party is the quality and engineering they achieve whilst still being a simplistic and solid toy. He is impressive in both modes and I would not hesitate in letting my neice play with him. FP Defender or PE Motorbot on the other hand...

So yeah, I really like him. He has actually increased my faith in the FOC line and I am now quite keen to get my hands on G2 Bruticus and Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is there any reason why the "barrel" on the weapon comes off? There's nothing in the instructions, or either mode on the packaging that requires it to detach, but mine slides off easily.... so easily, that it is annoyingly loose.
    It seems a bit of a design flaw.
    I read somewhere that taking the barrel off turns it into a gun from the game, I assume having 3 barrels would make it a X-12 scrapmaker or the FOC equivalent.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bought myself a couple of FOC Shockwave's last weekend thanks to the NSW Sightings thread and Target's current sale - one to 'play' with and the other to keep MOSC, and I got to say that I'm impressed.

Articulation is quite good for a figure that is basically just larger than a Scout-class toy, and stability is admirable considering he suffers from having 'chicken legs'.

Overall I would highly recommend this toy - especially if you can pick him up for $22. He lines up perfectly with other Classics / Generations toys. I can almost forgive Hasbro for not releasing the Titanium version... almost.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks