Page 370 of 481 FirstFirst ... 350360365366367368369370371372373374375380390 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

You sound like you need a day off and a hug
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Why are there always so many workers needed for roadside construction/repair? 80% of them seem to just stand around.

Also my physio was telling me how she had a traffic controller (stop/go sign guy) come in for treatment under workers comp. He was gloating how he gets $37.50 an hour and RDO's etc. Where's the motivation for people in this country to progress through to higher education. Makes me sick.
    Bit harsh don't you think?

What's wrong with a traffic controller getting $37.50 an hour and RDOs? It's a crap job. You get abused by the motoring public who threaten you with violence and call you lazy. Your life is regularly put in danger by inattentive and reckless motorists (ask any traffic controller how many times a month they nearly get run over), you work weird, ever changing hours and more. I have my TC tickets but have never used them. It's a work requirement in case of emergency. And the training (not to mention working with TCs and trusting them literally with my life on a day to day basis) gave me an appreciation of what they do. Yes there are a lot of sub par TCs out there that shouldn't have a job, but the industry struggles to get people because most of the workforce is part time due to the requirements of jobs.

Just because a job doesn't require a tertiary education doesn't mean it shouldn't be well paid. And the people that choose to do that job should be free from judgement from others.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Just because a job doesn't require a tertiary education doesn't mean it shouldn't be well paid. And the people that choose to do that job should be free from judgement from others.
    Yeah, think of all those poor politicians out there who didn't need a qualification to get the job, yet earn over $200,000 a year in salary and allowances... they should be free from judgement and harassment too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, think of all those poor politicians out there who didn't need a qualification to get the job, yet earn over $200,000 a year in salary and allowances... they should be free from judgement and harassment too.

Bit harsh don't you think?

What's wrong with a traffic controller getting $37.50 an hour and RDOs? It's a crap job. You get abused by the motoring public who threaten you with violence and call you lazy. Your life is regularly put in danger by inattentive and reckless motorists (ask any traffic controller how many times a month they nearly get run over), you work weird, ever changing hours and more. I have my TC tickets but have never used them. It's a work requirement in case of emergency. And the training (not to mention working with TCs and trusting them literally with my life on a day to day basis) gave me an appreciation of what they do. Yes there are a lot of sub par TCs out there that shouldn't have a job, but the industry struggles to get people because most of the workforce is part time due to the requirements of jobs.

Not at all, especially considering the ones around my area appear to be drugged up ice addicts.

If people learn that crap job = highly paid with no education requirement, who do you think will apply for it?

Crap job = highly paid... where do I sign up?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Not at all, especially considering the ones around my area appear to be drugged up ice addicts.
    Indeed. Just like all TF collectors are overweight neckbeards that still live with their mums.

See? I can generalise too

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Crap job = highly paid... where do I sign up?
    That's about an accurate description of their pay and conditions. If it sounds good, go for it. You'd walk into a job once you had your tickets. C'mon, back up those words with action! You're always whinging about your job

C'mon, back up those words with action! You're always whinging about your job
    Yeah, I'm gonna quit my job and apply to be a TC just to prove you wrong Of course, if you're willing to make this a bet and put some money on this...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna quit my job and apply to be a TC just to prove you wrong Of course, if you're willing to make this a bet and put some money on this...
    $50