Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any interest in getting Toyhax/Reprolabels through an Australian?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Will be much easier to support if sourced locally.

I'm a HUGE Reprolabels fan and buy from them as often as I can afford it. That said, 2 questions:
    1. Would this new system add to the postage costs at all? The flat rate postage currently used is a good deal, especially for large orders.
    2. Wouldn't the new system not necessarily speed up the process? Like if I order but they are waiting on other orders to be made before they send it out, meaning I may wait weeks/months anyway?
    To be honest, the longer wait times for post currently don't bother me, as I'm very confident in Reprolabels customer care. I've never had an order disappear, and they are brilliant with communication and keeping customers in the loop. That said, the more they expand their business in Australia, the better off us Aussie fans will be so more power to them!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I would definitely order more frequently. At the moment I tend to group all my labels into one big order like twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    2. Wouldn't the new system not necessarily speed up the process? Like if I order but they are waiting on other orders to be made before they send it out, meaning I may wait weeks/months anyway?
    I was about to ask the same question, but also what happens if you are the only one that has ordered for a few weeks do they have a quota to fill before they send out a group purchase?

Don't get me wrong it would be awesome if they had a bigger presence in Australia, but I would be just as happy if stayed how it is now and as said before they are great to deal with.

Ive been interested in those diorama backdrops tjey do, but postage is more than the item. So if it offerec cost savings by going local then I'm in!

For sure!!! Would love to get them from here, as long as the prices are reasonable??

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

FatalityPitt Guest

I've bought reprolabels before and the shipping can take ages. One time it took 2 months to receive my g1 Chromedome stickers + faction symbols, and I emailed the reprolabel crew to make sure they didn't forget my order. They were generous enough to send me a 2nd set in case my order got lost in the mail (which I also received). Nowadays I'll only bulk order stickers if there's more than 3 types that I desperately want.

If we can start to get reprolabels locally, I'll definitely be all for it

If it would see a reduced cost for postage then yes I would likely buy a lot. At this stage I would say the cost has been prohibitive for me. I would rather spend my money on bots than sticker sheets but if the prices came down (be that reduced postage or use of $A instead of $US) then I would definitely buy some.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

So I guess I can now officially say I'm going to be the Australian Agent for Reprolabels. Which means if you guys need any help with a Repro, you can email me (thescreamman@gmail.com) and I'll do my best to help you out.

The idea is that I would get a parcel from them to send out once a week. So the hope is to half the time it takes now (For me that was usually about 6 weeks) and get it down to 2 or 3.

Pricing will stay at a flat $3 for now, but they are going to look into changes in the future. Same with local pricing, though it should be noted that Repro prices have also never gone up; Prices are the same as they were when the items first went on sale.

I asked Alex about older sticker sets, and he replied with this: " As for the older sets... we've only discontinued a few. And only because they literally stopped selling all together. Files are long gone or too degraded now to get back."

So looks like unless there is a big demand for it, you won't be getting those anymore

I hope this works out guys. if they see a big upswing in Australian sales, they may look into giving me actual stock to keep in Australia, which would mean me filling orders locally and hopefully even more quickly. But that's still a ways off and depends on you guys.

Lastly, this opportunity came up after i spoke to Alex here, on my Podcast, The Repacked Podcast. There is a lot of background info on how the sets are made, and on the price and timing etc. Give it a listen to learn more about them!
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So where would the buying take place? Still on their website in US$? I have been considering a purchase since the dollar jumped last month.