Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege Greenlight confirmed

bowspearer Guest

Default WFC Siege Greenlight confirmed

From Tformers.com:

The Facebook page In Demand Toys has posted a packaging stock photo this afternoon giving us our first look at Transformers Siege Greenlight, one of the new products mentioned on an unconfirmed listing of upcoming merchandise. Immediately, this lends much more weight to that list (our detailed analysis of which you can find here, but it also reveals a surprise when you look just a little closer: Greenlight is not a redeco of Chromia, but of Moonracer (with a new head sculpt, of course). This distinction is important, as it means that Greenlight will function as a combiner limb, a capability the Chromia mold - near-identical in engineering, but a different toy entirely - notably lacks.

Greenlight was one of Elita-1's team of female Autobots in the G1 cartoon. One more from the team, Lancer, remains without a toy. Given we're currently three out of four for being able to assemble a full combiner from members of that team, it's hard to imagine that a Lancer might not be on the drawing board for the near future. Though in the meantime it's likely to stir the pot a bit in the fandom as people are left to wonder why Chromia was not herself made using the combiner mold.

The answer of course is one of how the toys are marketed. Chromia is part of the standard general retail assortments. We don't yet know what the intended distribution method is for Greenlight, but being in a larger, more expensive set means it won't be part of any normal case assortment. If sold primarily via online retail outlets, it greatly reduces potential confusion in a general customer base about the combiner functionality that does not exist in any other toys from this product lineup, lending much more flexibility in what can be used.

Greenlight comes with Dazlestrike, a minimally-redecoed Lionizer Battle Master that has a flame effect piece instead of the "energy slash" that Lionizer includes.

Cool!

Well if they do, do Lancer and use the moon-racer mold again at least the combined form will be well proportioned.

I'm personally all up for another female combiner even if the limbs are all protoform buddies

Siege Chromia is the same mold as Novastar and Moonracer but she doesn't have a combiner port

Well, just have to wait for Lancer to complete the set.

Ok, now Greenlight, Acid Storm, Sunstorm and Nightbird have all gotten toys...

Whose left? Deceptitran?

You just made my day Bowspearer. With some shapeways heads, I think I can make a female combiner team even if they don't release lancer
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    You just made my day Bowspearer. With some shapeways heads, I think I can make a female combiner team even if they don't release lancer
    Pretty sure they will release Lancer. At this point, I'm hoping we get 1 more Autobot combiner limb (for Inferno) and 2 more Decepticon combiner limbs (for Starscream) and we'll then have completed combiners for PotP.

This looks great, just the retro future aesthetic that made the cartoon models for the female Autobots so appealing. I really hope we get Lancer down the line, as well as a more cartoon-accurate deluxe Elita 1 to better scale with the team.

Similarly, a Dion and Ariel would be fantastic as well.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Official images have been leaked from China, giving us a clearer look at the toy out of packaging, with its new head and minor remoulded parts.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So... Hasbro, Takara, or some kind of exclusive?