Thread: MP36 Megatron to be released in Australia as TRU Online Exclusive

Default MP36 Megatron to be released in Australia as TRU Online Exclusive

I can now reveal my latest translation job and it is none other than MP36 Megatron! For legal reasons this toy will only be released as a Toys 'R' Us online exclusive at an introductory price of $235 (order information below). I have been told that this is a limited offer.
    APRIL FOOLS APRIL FOOLS APRIL FOOLS
    Here is an image of the front page of the instruction booklet.APRIL FOOLS

And here is a copy of the bio that I've created for the booklet:
    "You are being deceived."APRIL FOOLS
    Megatron was originally created as a lowly Energon miner during a time when Cybertron was ruled under a brutally oppressive Autobot regime. An underground movement soon formed and became known as the Decepticons. Megatron himself was arrested by the Autobots who secretly arranged for his assassination while in police custody. Although the assassination attempt was thwarted, it also filled Megatron with rage and an understanding of applied violence. Seeing freedom as a liability, Megatron has become the merciless tyrant that he had initially sworn to destroy. Through a combination of military cunning, ruthlessness, terror and brute strength, Megatron leads the Decepticons in a war in a genocidal war against all Autobots and flesh creatures. This war constantly requires an increasing amount of fuel and resources, and Megatron means to possess it all.
    Megatron is incredibly powerful and intelligent. He is also very charismatic, having attracted many Decepticon followers to his side through the power of persuasive language. Consequently most Decepticons gladly serve Megatron with unquestioned loyalty. His fusion cannon can convert any small amount of matter into large quantities of nuclear energy. This cannon can fire a blast up to 20km and is capable of flattening a town. Megatron also theoretically possesses the ability to remotely connect to a black hole and draw upon its anti-matter as an incredibly destructive power source. Megatron has no weaknesses that are apparent to himself or others. However, buried deep within his subconscious mind is his original self; the pacifist who believed in toppling a regime using intellectual means over violence.

As an Easter egg I've also included the Latin phrase "DECIPIMINI," which means "You are being deceived." This appears on the top of the 'contents' page. On the top of the rear page I've put the Latin phrase, "PAX PER TYRANNIDEM," which of course means, "Peace through tyranny."
    TRU have now started taking online orders.APRIL FOOLS
    CLICK HERE TO ORDER MEGATRON
    APRIL FOOLS

Would've been believable if you said the price was $350 to $400.

Almost fell for it... only because here in Oslo its still the 31st... HAHAHA

And I fell for it because I just got back from the club and I still think it's the 31st of March
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Wow, I am NEVER safe on this day.

EDIT: This does get me thinking. It's a shame that Toys R Us pretty much stopped the whole Takara masterpiece exports thing. Would've been cool if they were selling Ironhide/Ratchet, Shockwave, Optimus Primal etc.
    Last edited by '07Camaro; 1st April 2017 at 10:05 AM.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

I embedded some direct messages in the Japanese fine print that this was an April Fools prank...

Left: (C) APRIL FOOL
    Right: "This is an April Fool's prank."
    But I still managed to fool some Japanese fans.