Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratchet's Repair Bay & ID/transformation Help > Knock-Offs, Replicas, Copied TFs - Alerts and ID help

Sightings/Sales

Old 18th May 2016, 07:49 PM
Megatran

Default Microman Robo MC20 (black Perceptor): Legit or KO?

I have a Microman Robo MC20 (black Perceptor) with its box & all.

What are the tell tale signs of it being legit or KO?

Is the 2005 release ehobby Magnificus exactly the same toy? (not referring to the box, which is totally different)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Megatran; 19th May 2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 28th May 2016, 09:56 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Magnificus is indeed the same toy, only that like Perceptor, the scope doesn't magnify. I had a fake MC20 when I was a kid (someone got it for me from the Easter Show) and it could actually magnify objects like the Microman toy! Although when I think back and compare it with Magnificus, the overall quality of the toy wasn't as good as Perceptor. The plastic felt cheaper and the yellow on the eyes aren't properly painted (there was these black "slits" in the centre of the eyes). I don't know if the greys were lighter or if mine was just faded from age. I lost my fake "Magnificus" years ago. I pretty much stopped taking care of it and Shackwave when I found out that they were fakes.
Old 30th May 2016, 10:36 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Magnificus is indeed the same toy, only that like Perceptor, the scope doesn't magnify.
All Versions of Perceptor Magnify.... that's why the most recent one even has slides with it!
Old 11th March 2018, 10:21 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I could be mistaken, as it's been ages since I pulled mine out of its box, but I'm pretty sure that the date stamp on MC-20 is in a different place to Perceptor and Magnificus. Where the date stamp is on the shoulder blades on Magnificus, on my MC-20, I'm pretty sure it was on the back of the hips and cast into the die cast.
Old 17th March 2018, 05:29 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
All Versions of Perceptor Magnify.... that's why the most recent one even has slides with it!
Really? I couldn't get mine to see anything (just a blurr) so I thought the slides were a gimmick. Must have got a dud, unless there's a dial you need to adjust?