Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Hmm... Yeah, but Imo this is better than the official. The detail on it leaves the official one in the dust..
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You guys beat me to it and yes it looks way better than toyami version.
    Can't disagree with those comments. But the Toynami version was originally released at a mere $50. IIRC. The rarity of a quality collector's Voltron pushed up the porice. Then they re-released it with electonic eyes and jacked up the price somewhat ridiculously.

So essentially, at the most the original is just a ~$60-70 figure as opposed to this one, which is designed to be much sexier.

Still, I am mighty tempted by this beasty.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would need to see it released in the jp market and consider the price.
    If it is at the rrp I may not get it for now though it looks too tempting.

Wow, this version looks a heck of a lot better than the Toynami version. Would be really nice to see how it compares to other versions like the Go Lion or LionBot versions.

I've always wanted to get one of those. I remember I passed on the Toynami previously as it didn't quite seem collector quality to me

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    Wow, this version looks a heck of a lot better than the Toynami version. Would be really nice to see how it compares to other versions like the Go Lion or LionBot versions.

I've always wanted to get one of those. I remember I passed on the Toynami previously as it didn't quite seem collector quality to me
    same here, very average.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Posting those pics and vids was doing my head in, crazy thoughts of selling Toynami Voltron, scouring toy boxes for other shit to sell to help finance this guy

But a little breather and i think i'm good. After all, Miracle Vehicle Voltron dropped in price significantly after release (and was improved). Could nab a bargain on this guy in a few months perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Lol Breathe Kurt, Breathe... Let's not be too hasty lol...
    I really like the bulkier look of Golion, the 30th Anniversary kind of looks too skinny to me...
    Gave it a few days and the urges came back, now he's preordered :P Listed a few TF and other sales so hopefully i won't feel so bad about splurging for it (along with EMS lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Can't disagree with those comments. But the Toynami version was originally released at a mere $50. IIRC. The rarity of a quality collector's Voltron pushed up the porice. Then they re-released it with electonic eyes and jacked up the price somewhat ridiculously.

So essentially, at the most the original is just a ~$60-70 figure as opposed to this one, which is designed to be much sexier.
    The market really has played havoc with the price of Toynami Voltrons... the prices on Ebay were ludicrious when i was looking to buy one, and even worse now, even after the 30th anniversary release! I paid $130 for mine and so that's what i'll try and get for it now anyway.

Just found out about this guy.
    very tempted to buy him.

remember he is not voltron but golion.
    so to say he is unofficial voltron is incorrect.

CollectionDX has posted a review! The packaging doesn't explicitly say Golion afaik either, so it looks to be totally unofficial. Don't think it matters mind you, it looks awesome!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

oh man thats awesome. if i put an autobot logo on it i can pretend its a transformer right?

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    remember he is not voltron but golion.
    so to say he is unofficial voltron is incorrect.
    So, say he's an unofficial golion then
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    CollectionDX has posted a review! The packaging doesn't explicitly say Golion afaik either, so it looks to be totally unofficial. Don't think it matters mind you, it looks awesome!
    Aargh, It matters to me. Even though MW V Voltron was a 3rd party thingo, it was sorta legit merch. The story is what I love about it.

This one is just plain 3rd party...... No story.... So torn. Looks da shizz though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Aargh, It matters to me. Even though MW V Voltron was a 3rd party thingo, it was sorta legit merch. The story is what I love about it.

This one is just plain 3rd party...... No story.... So torn. Looks da shizz though.
    I can understand no interest in TF 3rd party - at least officially there is still lots of choice. But here we're talking about WEP, who has done zilch for Voltron since it's heyday pretty much. They're battling with Harmony Gold for worst toy related company as far as i'm concerned, so stuff em!