Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael bay left speechless...

Default Michael bay left speechless...

I had the opposite reaction; I feel sorry for him If this is what it appears to be - a panic attack, I know the feeling all too well and have been in similar circumstances all too often. He seemed sincere in his apology so I don't believe it to be an act of dooshery or an issue with the teleprompter.

Regardless of how people feel about his movies or pretend to know the man from what they read in the news, I hope he overcomes this.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yeah he looked to be struggling and finding it difficult to form sentences or any kind of natural flow with words; he appeared quite stressed

Not nice to watch. I've been there before presenting with large groups of people and it can become a vicious cycle

It looks like stage fright to me, while a powerhouse director, he probably doesn't get up in front of a crowd like that all too often.
    It's embarrasing when it happens, it's happened to me for sure, back in the old uni days.

I have no doubt that the Teleprompter crapped out, leading to the freak out.

I'm sure he'll recover.
    It also feels to me that Samsung might have been stretching when they asked him to discuss how their new curved screen would make the viewing of his movies that much better...

for me, bul$$itting a tech crowd about something like that would be a really hard and scary thing to do, but I could talk to them about Transformers or drums or structural mechanics for most of the day because I could be confident that I know my material and would be able to answer most questions or criticisms.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wow, that is weird. He's certainly not one to shy away from cameras or interviews.
    He's done lots of live unscripted interviews over the years, so maybe he just had a lot on his mind while working on TF4 to not be able to concentrate on the interview.
    I'm surprised at how nervous he looked at the start, and equally surprised that he just walked off to save his image when the nerves started making him look bad.

I remember that he was very distant just before the Sydney press conference in 2007, but was still able to perform in the interview room. Heck, he even answered my question about how challenging it was to do something that might interest fans (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I had the opposite reaction; I feel sorry for him If this is what it appears to be - a panic attack, I know the feeling all too well and have been in similar circumstances all too often. He seemed sincere in his apology so I don't believe it to be an act of dooshery or an issue with the teleprompter.

Regardless of how people feel about his movies or pretend to know the man from what they read in the news, I hope he overcomes this.
    ^Agreed. Who hasn't ever had a crap day at work?

that funny ...even a director is being controlled .!!!.. he got a bug on him and soundwave activated the shock ! !!

Wow.
    From the prewritten responses to Michael's departure, that was hard to watch.

oh wow, that was just painful to watch, I guess he wasn't really fully prepared to wing it. Bad day at work I guess .... but yeah that was quite embarrassing
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Bay often comes across as so arrogant so much of the time that I must admit I don't feel a helluva lot of sympathy for him here. If something bad or upsetting had happened to him pre going up on stage then fair enough, cant blame the man one bit. But if it was simply because the teleprompter wasn't working then for someone who 'creates dreams' surely he could nut-up and wing a 3 minute talk about what he does for a living.