View Poll Results: MP Ultra Magnus - worth getting?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - he is huge and awesome!

57 85.07%
  • Only if cheap

5 7.46%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 4.48%
  • He should have stayed in Rodimus' shadow

2 2.99%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

Default Toy Review - Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

Series - Masterpiece
    Size/class – Big!
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $160
    Approximate Size – 30cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – Car Carrier
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Cab detaches, can carry other MP cars
    Main Colours – Blue, Red, White
    Main Accessories – Gun, Spike & Daniel, alt face

Robot Mode

I was expecting it but was still pleasantly surprised at how big he is! Really solid, large and in charge. Not a lot of little detail going on but I think it actually works with him though it may irritate others. Very cartoon faithful, very well proportioned, looks a lot better than stock photos we have seen that have made him look top heavy and chunky. Being able to change his face is cool and he has great articulation. I found it a little weird they put two black circles at the bottom of each outer foot to try and do faux-wheels – looks a bit odd and a bit unnecessary. The big panel hanging down off his butt also detracts from the robot mode and it’s a shame they couldn’t figure out some way to hide it. But overall absolutely fantastic!

Car Carrier mode

Very good, the missiles look a lot better at the sides than on the G1 version that has them at the front. The fact the cab can detach I found to be an unexpected bonus. The colour scheme is very good though I find the red panel on the front of the cab quite weird and unsuited. With all his adjustable ramps and being proportioned to take the other MP cars it adds a lot of play value. You can even put Spike and Daniel in the cab to recreate whatever that episode was where they stole Trypticons transformation cog (though I don’t own a Vortex big enough to lift MP Magnus up and shake him ). Very good indeed!

Transformation
    Not overly complicated but I wouldn’t try it without the instructions the first couple of times. The only things that irritated me were getting his arm to initially swing out and then getting everything with his trailer to snap into place – I’d put in one panel at the front and it would make connections at the back come apart. Almost spent as much time getting all the little clips to not force each other out as I did on the rest of the transformation! Besides that it’s a good transform and at a good level for the toy in question.

Overall

Well I’m not going into too much detail here as there will be tons of people that want to do their own reviews and post their own photos but I have to say it’s an excellent toy! Everything is top notch and even the artwork on the instruction manual and collectors card is impressive. Very pleased to have him as my 1600th figure! I had planned to keep him in vehicle mode along with my other versions of Magnus but the robot mode is that impressive I think I’ll display him like that for now. This figure is highly recommended!

Nice review Trev

I agree with most of your points.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Nice review Trev

I agree with most of your points.
    Cheers mate I didn't put up more photos as I saw the great ones you put in the other thread and knew I couldn't compete

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Cheers mate I didn't put up more photos as I saw the great ones you put in the other thread and knew I couldn't compete

Aww, shucks

Overall I love it! Can't wait to get some photos wit him and Rodimus

Still waiting on mine from RK going to repost my question here as well

Can anyone confirm if his arm ramp can go flush with the feet/ramp so the cars can drive up it like the G1 toy? All the promotional pictures and reviews I've seen no one has demonstrated it. With the G1 toy you not only have to point the arms down but bend the elbow joint to achieve this. I notice the elbow joint is in the same place for the MP version but no one has bent it to to show it off the cars have to jump to get on the ramp.

"It fell of a truck truck truck truck"
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Have not gotten mine but voted yes. He is cheap, $160-$195 from jp online stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Still waiting on mine from RK going to repost my question here as well

Can anyone confirm if his arm ramp can go flush with the feet/ramp so the cars can drive up it like the G1 toy? All the promotional pictures and reviews I've seen no one has demonstrated it. With the G1 toy you not only have to point the arms down but bend the elbow joint to achieve this. I notice the elbow joint is in the same place for the MP version but no one has bent it to to show it off the cars have to jump to get on the ramp.
    Pretty sure he can. I've seen a promotional photo of it somewhere. I'll try to take a pic this arvo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Pretty sure he can. I've seen a promotional photo of it somewhere. I'll try to take a pic this arvo.
    Just got mine today and he can't lay his arms flush with the bottom ramp as well as the G1 toy. On a side note I did find out you can keep Spike/Daniel in him when he's transformed in robot mode.

Last edited by Nevac; 2nd January 2015 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Just got mine today and he can't lay his arms flush with the bottom ramp as well as the G1 toy. On a side note I did find out you can keep Spike/Daniel in him when he's transformed in robot mode.

http://i.imgur.com/KF72GmG.jpg
    Lol. They store in his arse.

Hehe

Hehe.