View Poll Results: TR Blurr -worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 72.22%
  • Only if...

3 16.67%
  • No

1 5.56%
  • Not interested

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Blurr with Hyperfire

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Blurr with Hyperfire

Blurr with Hyperfire
    Series – Titans Return
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here – August 2016
    Approximate Retail Price - $30
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Racer
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster feature
    Main Colours – Blue, more blue, bit more blue, some slightly different blue
    Main Accessories – Rifle, Titan Master Hyperfire

No pictures as I'm doing this on the sly at work.

Here is my review in capsule form

• Robot mode is sleek, stable, and highly poseable. Aside from the usual joints, the shoulder articulation is more or less unimpeded, there are bicep swivels, wrist swivels, a waist swivel, and thigh swivels. The only thing missing is fully ankle/heel articulation. This bugs me a lot more than it should, mainly because I have a lot of hatred in my heart for the molded A-Stance feet that have been frequently used recently.
    • All the joints on mine are pleasingly tight.
    • The blue is just about as bad in person as it is in photos. It's more predominant in robot mode, not so bad in F Zero mode. Get the LG version if this is a bother. It annoys me but ultimately I'd rather them sacrifice paint and spring loaded missiles instead of engineering for budgetary reasons.
    • The headmaster gimmick works well, though from certain angles I suppose the head can look a bit large with reference to the quite bulky looking IDW Blurr. Also being a Headmaster it loses some of the angular look and layered crests that Blurr's head has in IDW,because it is basically just a block with a head on the front. Wouldn't mind a third party, smaller non detachable head in all honesty. There'd be room for it to stay on during the transformation.
    • Transformation is simple but pleasing in many ways.
    • F Zero racer mode pegs together firmly and rolls on three little wheels. Hyperfire fits well in the cockpit and if you like me are annoyed at the gap in the canopy that prevents the pilot enclosure from being fully sealed you can put Hyperfire in place and fold the seat back forward so it gives the appearance of a sealing up. That said the gap and open cockpit is G1 toy accurate.
    • The big win for me with this figure is that partsforming is not a requirement. The nosecone/shield stays in place firmly the entire time you transform the figure. Another big win is this stay away from the recently unfortunately prevalent hollow forearms syndrome (see: TR Hardhead).

Overall this figure has to some extent restored my faith in Hasbro mainline releases.
    Last edited by SharkyMcShark; 31st August 2016 at 11:25 AM.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Hardhead with Furos

We all suffer from the ol' copy/paste.

As for Blurr, I've got the TT version on order, (im)patiently waiting for that. Have seen the Hasbro version on store shelves, but too monochromatic for me. I like bright and vivid.

As for the mould, seems close enough to TR Brainstorm, which I think is a really great dlx figure so I'm going to say I'd probably love Blurr too.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

As for Blurr, I've got the TT version on order, (im)patiently waiting for that. Have seen the Hasbro version on store shelves, but too monochromatic for me. I like bright and vivid.

As for the mould, seems close enough to TR Brainstorm, which I think is a really great dlx figure so I'm going to say I'd probably love Blurr too.
    The blue is actually growing on me with time.

Brainstorm is the remold of this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Dude.
    Nice catch
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Happens to me all the time at work.

Someone did some great work designing this figure, really nice details, simple and effective transformation, etc etc

But that blue colour is really hard to love. I really should have just gone with the Takara version. And the paint on the front nose of mine is badly applied with scratches/gaps in both of the colours.

Just received the LG version today, amazing sculpt, very Blurr, and the headmaster gimmick doesn't really get it the way (much like Brainstorm - see that thread for my of my thoughts on the mould as that was my first exposure to the mould)

Colours pop, yet blend well, excellent deco. Painted weapon would have been nice though

Really nice mould, in both robot and vehicle (wasn't too keen on the hovercar thing but he does it very well!)

Good to pose... I can see why people don't like all the blue (esp with Scourge in this wave too) but to me it's not a big issue, he's just a very blue figure :P

Stands out I suppose...

Otherwise very nice, comes recommended.

This mold must've been designed by Shogo Hasui. He's sleek looking in both modes, and the simple yet very effective engineering, abundance of articulation where it could fit, and that amazing, amazing head sculpt, all give that pleasant Hasui vibe.

The Legends version is miles better in terms of deco, but I don't actually don't mind the Hasblow blue but each to their own.

Oh the "floating" effect in alt mode is quite nice too.

When I look at the blue on this figure I also have qualms. Blurr would like better in an aqua/marine environment as a submarine with that predominant color scheme.