View Poll Results: GEN TR Deluxe Windblade - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • Only if....

0 0%
  • No

2 15.38%
  • I'm not even interested

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Windblade

Opened mine yesterday and strongly prefer this version over the Generations one - might be personal preference, but I prefer this head to body ratio, and I'm okay with the legs. The back kibble is massive, but the legs can easily handle the weight unlike my Generations copy (heels kept collapsing). Overall I like how this is a much sturdier toy.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    unlike my Generations copy (heels kept collapsing.
    Go to Bunnings and get some putty in a tube and a chemist for some black nail polish. Add about 1mm to each heel.

She goes from unstable to dynamic. I can't understate the improvement.

As for TR Windblade. That face is so pretty and she has nailed the alt mode.

Generations wins robot mode with the litheness (Once fixed) and possibility in places like the wrists and wings.

RID is probably the most balanced of the three but her simplicity shows in places like the tubby alt mode.

Maybe if we put all three in a bag the perfect Windblade will step out?

I know TR Windblade is divisive, but I think she's fantastic and by far the best toy of the character yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Go to Bunnings and get some putty in a tube and a chemist for some black nail polish. Add about 1mm to each heel.

She goes from unstable to dynamic. I can't understate the improvement.
    Yeah I've got more than a few figs in desperate need for some minor fixes like that.

Worst QC problem in desperate need of attention would is my CW Ultra Magnus, who's hands can't grip on to his gun at all - like the old man has arthritis.

Update: Thumb on mine's right hand is cracked-tried to glue it but I think it's likely to fall off :S

Should still hold the swords but it's the first time I've had a problem with open handed figures

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Update: Thumb on mine's right hand is cracked-tried to glue it but I think it's likely to fall off :S

Should still hold the swords but it's the first time I've had a problem with open handed figures
    That sucks to hear

Have you tried Loctite 406?
    It's worked very well for a 1mm joint I needed to glue together (an antenna, pics here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...t=13888&page=3).

I tried this
    http://www.selleys.com.au/adhesives/...a-repair-glue/

But we'll see what happens!

Posted this before but now that Photobucket has become greedy, I had to figure out how to get flickr to do what I wanted......

[IMG]DSC_0474 by TabiasPrime, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    Posted this before but now that Photobucket has become greedy, I had to figure out how to get flickr to do what I wanted......

[IMG]DSC_0474 by TabiasPrime, on Flickr[/IMG]
    This photo's showing what I'd prefer and while I'm at it I'd like to point out that...

A) The scabbard from Gen. Windblade can be attached to the hole behind the cockpit on TR Windblade but sadly there are no holes for the tabs.
    B) There's a tab hole for the scabbard to be attached to TR Windblade's thigh just like Gen. Windblade.
    C) Gen. Windblade's jet mode looks very lightweight. Like as if it's a prototype and a more advanced one awaits and lo and behold the TR version delivers (I love her inverted wings).