Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Club Exclusive: Marissa Fairborn with Afterburner

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm not sure that thirteen points is "almost no articulation". I do like the attempt at an Afterburner sticker to give the bike 'character'. It will be interesting to see where BBTS puts this one in its scalpy TFCC price range.
    I think Microman was first made in 1974, 3-3/4" figures with about 30 points of articulation. Link to compare if interested
    http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021805b.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I would get this but it doesn't fit in scale with anything except maybe Fort Max if you think of him in Marvel G1 scale.
    I think we can safely say that it scales with SDCC 2011 Starscream and Megatron; 2012 Shockwave, Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak and Ratbat; and 2013 Hound, Jetfire, Blaster, Steeljaw, Ramhorn and Eject.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I think Microman was first made in 1974, 3-3/4" figures with about 30 points of articulation. Link to compare if interested
    Yes, Marissa doesn't have Microman/Figma/Revoltech/SH Figuarts levels of articulation, but she's well and truly not at the almost-no-poseability extreme of Battlechargers, Throttlebots, Jumpstarters, Bot Shots, etc. (Afterburner is, though.)

This toy still looks way hotter than the way Andrew Griffiths draws her in Robots In Disguise with a chin big enough to park Afterburner on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Correct me If I'm wrong but weren't the Microman in that link released in the 00's? I don't think they were quite as fancy in the 70's. I have one of those Votoms Micromen around here somewhere, he's pretty cool and really articulated, the trade of is in the sculpting though which is a far more spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Correct me If I'm wrong but weren't the Microman in that link released in the 00's? I don't think they were quite as fancy in the 70's. I have one of those Votoms Micromen around here somewhere, he's pretty cool and really articulated, the trade of is in the sculpting though which is a far more spartan.
    Here is a site I like visiting, Shows the different eras of Micromen/Woman. Micronauts was the U.S version of these toys which is what I got as a kid
    http://www.microforever.com/

I love the idea of using up GI Joe production slots for transformer products. It's not like they have a movie or cartoon to plug, so let's steal 'em all

Marrissa looks very hot, and I'll definitely buy her. Maybe we'll have a whole line of them, like the Japanese Kiss line, lol!
    Last edited by reillyd; 18th August 2014 at 08:22 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    While this is looking good, it will have to be at a fairly reasonable price (especially considering the clubs exorbitant postage rates ) to convince me to buy a non-transforming TF, even with a pretty decent Marissa figure to go with it

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    While this is looking good, it will have to be at a fairly reasonable price (especially considering the clubs exorbitant postage rates ) to convince me to buy a non-transforming TF, even with a pretty decent Marissa figure to go with it
    But Afterburner transforms from a tricycle to a bicycle!

looking at that i kind of wished they altered the base a little bit, the large embossed gijoe logo doesnt suit.

EDC logo would of been better or even TFCC

or mabme C.R.A.P

un decided on this really but i wont be joining the club anyway
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy