Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JP Masterpiece book coming

Will do! If there's a few specific photo captions anyone is after let me know.

Just ordered this book from Amazon JP. Charged me 2800JPY ($30) for the book and $13 for postage, so $43 all up. Their international postage rate feels expensive* to me, but still about $9 cheaper than getting it locally.

----------------------------------------------
    *But probably because it's a single small item; postage from Japan becomes better value for money when shipping in bulk, which is what I always do w/ toys.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Found this other book there, that I was not aware of, but the google translator suggests it is a 30th anniversary book to be released for the TFs Expo in Japan in August.
    No idea what is in it, so I figured I'd order it at the same time as the Masterpiece book, and see what it is.
    I thought it might have been a Japanese version of the Legacy book because of the cover, but the roughly translated description is too vague to know for sure.
    Got this today. It's a bit light on. It spotlights AOE, Lost Age toys (briefly), the various cartoons/movies over the year and the leader characters, including a photo of all the main toys of leaders from the various incarnations. There's some Japanese G1 art I've never seen anywhere before, but overall the book is not essential and I wouldn't recommend it.

Then I got to the last page

It comes with a pullout poster that appears to be a new version of the Transformer Tapestry! Which is very nice as that's something I don't have but wanted. It's not indentical to the version pictured on the wiki, based on the location of characters I can see without opening it, and has an end date of 2000 (unlike 1995 on the old one) so might have a bunch more Beast Wars era faces once I unwrap it at home. For me that's worth the price of the book in itself.

Sounds like it is a book that is mostly only worth buying for the bonus item. A pity that it is a folded up poster, as the creases will spoil that "tapestry" poster. (I'll have to spend some time flattening it out)
    Can't wait.

The poster's double sided, so you kind of need to buy two of the book... I didn't notice earlier but both sides of the poster are shown on the inside cover. It's 103cm x 73 cm and side B covers 2001-2014. Obviously not everything from all those years... I think it's "show" based, with WFC/FOC is considered a show, and Henkei/Encore/Binaltech not included, but I need to open it up to have a good study to be sure. Either way it's a cool poster(s).

If I can find a frames that fit, I might indeed buy a second copy so I can hang both sides.

DVD included to show size. It appears that Henkei is the only major Japanese line not represented in this poster. Binaltech, Robotmasters, Alternity, even those region-exclusive legends are here.

Very nice... and a lot of effort for a freebie poster (or for $15 if you consider it a poster with a freebie book ).