Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP Star Sabre alt mode pics

So those plugs behind the vertical wings are for Leo?

The most popular TF characters are Convoy, Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream though. No lack of Destron love in the upper ranks at least.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Man the prototype pics of the 'Saber' mode are really selling this for me. Looks beaut!

I am going to preorder this SO hard!!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Any pre order date yet? I am surprised so much is seen but no pre order at this point?

And a comparison shot with his predecessor
    He's standing behind him, but you get a good idea for size

Having never seen the Japanese cartoons I know little about this character so I looked up wiki and a few reviews on it. I must say the masterpiece version is looking very good from it's source material. The brain master gimmick is pretty neat too I wonder how well it will transfer to the MP very curious to see the brain master.

Initially I wasn't going to bother with this MP since I have never seen the Japanese series but if they pull this off right and well it might be too tempting to pass up so I'm still on the fence whether to buy him or not. I'm sure if I pass it up I'll be kicking myself later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    And a comparison shot with his predecessor
    He's standing behind him, but you get a good idea for size
    I just looked at the pic but didn't realise MP was standing behind the brick. Almost had a heart attack thinking how ugly MP was. Phew! What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Having never seen the Japanese cartoons I know little about this character so I looked up wiki and a few reviews on it. I must say the masterpiece version is looking very good from it's source material. The brain master gimmick is pretty neat too I wonder how well it will transfer to the MP very curious to see the brain master.

Initially I wasn't going to bother with this MP since I have never seen the Japanese series but if they pull this off right and well it might be too tempting to pass up so I'm still on the fence whether to buy him or not. I'm sure if I pass it up I'll be kicking myself later.
    I was actually brought up on the Victory cartoons as I have never seen G1 when I was little. So Star Saber and his folks were my definition of Transformers for a long time. This and Vic Leo is more important to me than Optimus .

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I just looked at the pic but didn't realise MP was standing behind the brick. Almost had a heart attack thinking how ugly MP was. Phew! What a relief.
    Hey even the old toy looks fantastic .

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    I was actually brought up on the Victory cartoons as I have never seen G1 when I was little.
    If you watched Victory as a kid, then you did see G1, because Victory is part of G1. It's not a part of G1 that most of us here grew up with, but that doesn't make it any less G1 proper.

It's funny how a lot of us Westerners drool over Takara G1 toys like Star Sabre, whereas the reverse is true for Japanese fans. It's somewhat amusing seeing a Japanese fan completely ignore toys like Lio Kaiser, but totally drool over toys like Quake.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you watched Victory as a kid, then you did see G1, because Victory is part of G1. It's not a part of G1 that most of us here grew up with, but that doesn't make it any less G1 proper.
    Ah I stand corrected then.