View Poll Results: TF4 Platinum Edition Breakout Battle - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even if it was $150

2 8.00%
  • Yes, but only for about $100

10 40.00%
  • Only if it was on sale for $80

6 24.00%
  • Not unless it was heavily clearanced and don't care if I miss it

4 16.00%
  • Not even interested

3 12.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Platinum Edition Breakout Battle

Mine arrived just yesterday from RK. Woot!

Noticed an interesting little detail on Rollbar: The Autobot symbol on the right side of his spoiler is the movie version but the one on the left is G1!

First a flat-nose truck for movie Prime and now this? G1 fans have gotta be feeling the love from Michael Bay now!

Quote Originally Posted by Yongeltron View Post
    Mine arrived just yesterday from RK. Woot!

Noticed an interesting little detail on Rollbar: The Autobot symbol on the right side of his spoiler is the movie version but the one on the left is G1!

First a flat-nose truck for movie Prime and now this? G1 fans have gotta be feeling the love from Michael Bay now!
    What's the difference between them on yours? I looked on mine and one just looks a little smudged, but are both the same shape and colour.
    I didn't think the Autobot symbol was any different for the Movie Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The top of the eyelids look angrier than the horizontal G1 ones.

Angry Autobots lol
    The Decepticon symbol is slightly altered too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    What's the difference between them on yours? I looked on mine and one just looks a little smudged, but are both the same shape and colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The top of the eyelids look angrier than the horizontal G1 ones.
    I think that for both Autobot and Decepticon symbols, the movie versions have a number of very minor adjustments to proportions and angles (e.g. The lines in the crest on the movie Autobot symbol are finer and it has smaller jowles.) but the giveaway is definitely the eyes.

Edit: Looking at your review pictures Griffin, I can see that the symbol on the left of your Rollbar is definitely the G1 version (as on mine) but I can't see the one on the right clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Angry Autobots lol
    The Decepticon symbol is slightly altered too.
    Yeah, the Decepticons have quadrilateral eyes instead of triangles. My wife calls the Autobots the ones with the frowning face and the Decepticons the ones with the smiley faces. She thusly thinks Marvel/Sunbow got the factions wrong. Maybe the Shattered Glass universe is the 'real' one.

I have also noticed a minor discrepancy in Vehicon/Crankcase between the toy and its instructions. It looks like a slight misassembly with the pincers (albeit a virtually inconsequential one).

The pincers on the robot mode as it comes packaged seem to be riding a little bit higher than they should (as shown in the instructions). The way they are fitted, they also won't lie flush against the robot chest in vehicle mode. (This might be why Griffin had some trouble with them.)

The solution is to detach each plastic hinge attached to the bumper, rotate it 180 degrees and then put it back on the same hinge.

It was pretty mind-bending trying to figure out why my toy wasn't matching the instructions since the issue was so subtle and the pincers are still highly maneuvreable whichever way they're put on. However, there are ultimately only four possible symmetrical configurations and only two of them have the pincers facing forward and curving inward when in robot mode.

Honestly though, it probably comes down to personal preference more than anything how you want to have them; both ways work in both modes. The way it is packaged allows the hinges to be better hidden in vehicle mode, whereas the other way has them better hidden in robot mode.

Between this and noticing the differing autobot symbols on Rollbar, I guess it's clear I'm fairly detail-oriented.

This set is just wow. The Prime is a great addition (and originally I thought it was going to be the highlight), but the other figures are awesome! Rollbar looks a lot better than I thought in the pics and the extra weapons give Hound a run for his money :P. The Vehicon also looks awesome (I don't own Crankcase), and I love his MechTech weapon!