Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: SDCC 2018 - Siege: War for Cybertron Toy Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post

I have to say, looking at video reviews, that the Leader Class Figures seem less engineered than Voyager class figures (the design gap reminds me of the difference between a MG kit and a 1/100 kit for those familiar with GUNPLA). While I love what they've done so far with most of the Weaponisers (Lioniser should have been Orange and turned into a gun dammit), Micromasters, Deluxes and Voyagers from what I've seen on video reviews, the Leader Class stuff really does seem like the ball was dropped on it in terms of engineering.
    Sounds like business as usual for Leader Class toys, I can't even remember the last time I picked up a Leader Class and felt I was paying more for anything other than size.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Sounds like business as usual for Leader Class toys, I can't even remember the last time I picked up a Leader Class and felt I was paying more for anything other than size.
    I think it's more noticeable this time because not only is the engineering so good on some of the Voyagers, but because we're essentially paying Leader class prices for figures that are somewhere between Voyager class and Ultra Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I felt this way looking at a lot of Prime Wars 'leader class' figures (I dislike the size class names incidentally). My expectation is that any one toy can fit in the same level of molded detail per square centimeter as any another. In a sense I assume they can all be at the same 'resolution'.

But leader class toys tend to look like smaller toys up-scaled. For some characters I think that would work - a leader class Skylynx with a somewhat clunky kiddy texture would have been fine. For a lot of others however it's a bit of a let-down.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Surprised there's no leaks from London Toy Fair

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Surprised there's no leaks from London Toy Fair
    I just wanna get a good look at how the new Omega Supreme is developing

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ditto. I've always loved Omega Supreme from the comics (TF US Issue #13), but never had one as a kid. It just looked SO cool in the shops. When I bought the Encore release I was ecstatic. But compared to say Combiner Wars Metroplex, he's looking pretty small. So I crave one that's larger, and hope that they include the movable tank feature. Probably not, to cut costs, but one can dream
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Ditto. I've always loved Omega Supreme from the comics (TF US Issue #13), but never had one as a kid. It just looked SO cool in the shops. When I bought the Encore release I was ecstatic. But compared to say Combiner Wars Metroplex, he's looking pretty small. So I crave one that's larger, and hope that they include the movable tank feature. Probably not, to cut costs, but one can dream
    I’d kinda like him same height as Devastator, that’s make for some epic battle photos

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I’d kinda like him same height as Devastator, that’s make for some epic battle photos
    I just did a video showcasing 150+ Generations Autobots. In it I discuss how much I like the scale of YOTS Omega Supreme. As in he is much bigger than the Combiner Wars gestalts but still only up to the hips of the Titans.

But yeah, CW Devestator would still tower over him.

Has there been any new info re Omega apart from these few images?

I suspect we'll be getting a lot more info next month at the next Toyfair (or beforehand if anything gets leaked)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures