Thread: New Kreo Sets Revealed (G1 Grimlock, 4 pack)

Default New Kreo Sets Revealed (G1 Grimlock, 4 pack)

New Kreo sets have been revealedon TFW. Grimlock unleashed features a G1, brick built Grimlock, as well as a kreon Grimlock. Not only that, we have a new 4-pack revealed of kreons, with Movie Megatron, Movie Prime, Movie Bee and Movie Evac.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-o-set-180133/
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

That Grimlock set looks great, and I am all over that Evac Kreon,
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Those sets are awesome! I dont usually get the sets but only Kreons... I might have to pick these up.

It's a bit like the Evasion Optimus being released in Gen1 colours instead of movie white... this is a movie set with only Grimlock being in Gen1 form in both the build set and Kreon versions. Everything else are Movie versions.
    It doesn't make any sense for them to do that. Why not all Gen1 or all Movie... it makes it difficult to classify the set as one or the other.
    It doesn't even look like Grimlock has two modes either. It seems that they've given up on having their Kreo sets "convert", as none of this year's build sets appear to have two modes.

And it certainly snuck in there, as it wasn't part of Hasbro's line-up at any of the Toyfairs... so must be a TRU exclusive.

The multi-packs are interesting, as one is a Universal Studios exclusive (hope it is out in time for the BotCon tour, and other fans don't clean them out).
    The Silver Knight set could also be an exclusive, as US Target have had all the other Silver Knight exclusives.

The Elite Optimus Prime looks stupid, as it has the Combiner parts making it look like it has over-length limbs.

And if you haven't got enough Optimus Kreons yet, the Stinger mini-set, looks to have two in it - regular and black "Nemesis" version.

A recap of the new sets...
    Grimlock Unleashed (333 pieces - US$25) - "Gen1" Grimlock with 5 Kreons (Movie Optimus, Movie Bumblebee Movie Galvatron, Movie Lockdown, Gen1 Grimlock) (?TRU Excl?)
    Kreon 4-pack (28 pieces) - Movie Megatron, Movie Optimus, Movie Bumblebee, Movie Evack (Universal Studios Excl)
    Silver Knight Autobots (32 pieces) - Movie Autobot Hound, Movie Crosshairs, Movie (Silver Knight) Optimus, Movie Bumblebee, Move Autobot Drift (?Excl?)
    Elite Optimus Prime (43 pieces) - Convertible Kreon?
    Stinger Replicator Chamber (77 pieces) - Factory mini-playset with 5 Kreons (Stinger, black Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, "Nemesis Prime"?, mini-human lab scientist)

That's an Optimus in every set.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a bit like the Evasion Optimus being released in Gen1 colours instead of movie white... this is a movie set with only Grimlock being in Gen1 form in both the build set and Kreon versions. Everything else are Movie versions.
    It doesn't make any sense for them to do that. Why not all Gen1 or all Movie... it makes it difficult to classify the set as one or the other.
    It doesn't even look like Grimlock has two modes either. It seems that they've given up on having their Kreo sets "convert", as none of this year's build sets appear to have two modes.
    Although he doesn't appear to transform, the dino mode does actually look quite good. Hopefully the taking out of transformation allows for a more solid-built t-rex. I'll probably get this guy for both Gen 1 Grimlocks. The movie kreons, meh. I don't think their complicated designs and body shapes fit the kreons very well.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Once again showing that Hasbro keeps tabs on the fandom, a day after it was being found in stores the official facebook page has released an official image of the Grimlock set to promote it.

It's strange for them to sit on that until it was found in stores, and not promote it at all beforehand... considering the theme of this year being Dinbots.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Once again showing that Hasbro keeps tabs on the fandom, a day after it was being found in stores the official facebook page has released an official image of the Grimlock set to promote it.

It's strange for them to sit on that until it was found in stores, and not promote it at all beforehand... considering the theme of this year being Dinbots.
    Very nice. I'll be sure to pick one up.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Very nice. I'll be sure to pick one up.
    Hells yeah - gots to get me a G1 Grimmy!

Proof that the Grimlock Unleashed set is a ToysRUs exclusive, as the product number (A8600) is the same as on the images posted of the box. (ignore the image on the TRU link, as it is a place-filler image)
    That could mean that it might not come here.

It is also worth noting that the Hasbro Database has two more exclusive sets listed, and from the images in the first posting of this topic, we now know they are as follows...
    KRE TRA MOVIE EXCLUSIVE 1 A8600 - Grimlock Unleashed (TRU excl)
    KRE TRA MOVIE EXCLUSIVE 2 A8601 - Stinger Replicator Chamber (??? TRU excl?)
    KRE TRA MOVIE EXCLUSIVE 3 A8602 - Silver Knight Autobots 5-pack (should be Target excl)