Thread: Toys R Us Christmas Dreams catalogue 11 Nov - 23 Nov

Megatran Guest

Default Toys R Us Christmas Dreams catalogue 11 Nov - 23 Nov

Christmas Dreams at Toys R Us catalogue.

Starts 11th November - Ends 23rd November.

Generations Voyager Figures $39.99 (save $10)
    Generations Deluxe Figures or Minicon Deployers $24.99 (save $5)
    Hperchange Heroes $$29.99 (save $10)

Not sure if this is even worth mentioning, but the next catalogue which actually overlaps this one (ending November 30th) has two movie toys on sale.
    The Leader Bumblebee at $45 (half price) and Deluxes at $18 (40% off).

The interesting thing is that the text description of the second item is "Transformers Generations Deluxe", which means that even though ToysRUs computers are likely to be ONLY discounting the old Movie Generations Deluxe toys to $18, you might be able to get another retailer who price-match's to catalogues, to price-match any product that says "Transformers Generations Deluxe" on their computer screen or register screen. (the TRU catalogue says "styles vary" to mean that it isn't just Slug on sale)

It might not work, but it could be worth asking if you have the ToysRUs catalogue on hand and that store lists their Combiner Wars as Generations Deluxe/DLX on the in-store scanners.

Megatran Guest

Default 20% off full price items - ends 22/11

Bit of an overlap as well.

http://www.toysrus.com.au/family-friends?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=[WK42_PROMO2_1811]

In store: Thu 19/11 - Sun 22/11

Online: 6PM Wed 18/11 - Sun 22/11. Enter online promo code FAMILY at checkout.

Read the T&Cs on the coupon.

EDIT: I throw this up as a new thread just in case this post gets lost with other news on this thread.

$18 for AOE deluxes on sale when Toymate has them for $9.95

Wow devi will become $240 ONLY.

By the way, he is just $199 in toymate =)

Aaaaand now a fourth promotion overlapping with the other three... which some have seen in store and on the website, but now it has been emailed out.

Until Sunday November 22nd, there is a small Action Figure sale that is mostly Transformers.

RID Clash Ultra Megatronus - $40 (save $20) (TRU exclusive)
    RID Clash 3-step (Optimus or Bumblebee) - $25 (save $10) (TRU exclusive)
    Platinum Trypticon - $300 (save $100) (TRU exclusive)
    JP MP-10 Convoy - $350 (save $50) (TRU exclusive)

It is amusing to note on the sale email that the two expensive items were noted as being for "serious collectors".
    Which is true for those particular items, but not at those prices.

So lets recap all four promotions currently running as of today....

Christmas Dreams catalogue - ends NOV 23th
    Generations Voyager Figures $39.99 (save $10)
    Generations Deluxe Figures or Minicon Deployers $24.99 (save $5)
    Hyperchange Heroes $$29.99 (save $10)

New catalogue - ends NOV 30th
    Movie Leader Bumblebee at $45 (half price)
    Movie Deluxes at $18 (40% off).

20% off full price toys - ends NOV 22nd

Action Figure sale - ends NOV 22nd
    RID Clash Ultra Megatronus - $40 (save $20) (TRU exclusive)
    Platinum Trypticon - $300 (save $100) (TRU exclusive)
    JP MP-10 Convoy - $350 (save $50) (TRU exclusive)

This is why I hate relying on local retail and prefer to just go for the convenience of importing... I go to the Garden City store and they tell me that they are not getting them, and are not being allocated any.... just like they weren't allocated any of the Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream toys (according to one of the staff).
    The ToysRUs store in Australia that has to cater to the most people, not getting stock, when they should be one store getting the most stock of anything ToysRUs has at their warehouse.

Then I go to Target and they are getting as bad as BigW, with just a handful of small-size toys (under $20). I didn't even bother going into BigW because of the shrinking Transformers selection since July... so this weekends 20% off sale it going to be pointless for this Transformers fan.

Finally I go into Kmart and they still have mostly Rescue Bots and no Generations toys. It looked like they had a new case of RID Warriors, but were the black Bbee & gold Grimlock wave... and that was it. It was a smaller section than a couple months ago and they still had empty pegs and shelf space today.

I used to feel bad about importing as much as I did, particularly when there was a local sale that got it down to the cost of importing, but now it is just not worth the effort checking the stores when there is a sale... as it is just a waste of my time.

Megatran Guest

Oi, this isn't a venting thread.

I too was hunting the RID Clash OP at various VIC TRU store about a month ago. None of the stores had stock.