Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

I'm hearing and seeing the phrase "Beast Mode" a fair bit in recent years, mostly as a teen tag, pertaining to them being active or hyper-active... and a bit like saying that they are awesome.
    It might have taken 10 or so years, but is this just the young kids of the late 90s Beast Wars era using a phrase in their teens from their childhood, like us old farts might say "roll out" instead of "let's go". (okay, maybe just in my head then )

Galvatran Guest

I say "roll out" after I've had a big meal. Better still if there's a downward slope from the pub to the next destination.

Galvatran Guest

On Bell Street, Preston(?) there's an apartment advertising billboard for selling apartments with the phrase in super large fonts: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.

Metroplex perhaps?

On the show ‘Gabriel Inglesies Presents Stand Up Revolution’:

G: So you’re the quite the aficionado here, what can people do to spice up their life?
    BL: Toys. Eh, you can only go so far with what you’ve got
    G: (to audience) You know when he says toys he doesn’t mean Transformers. He means...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm hearing and seeing the phrase "Beast Mode" a fair bit in recent years, mostly as a teen tag, pertaining to them being active or hyper-active... and a bit like saying that they are awesome.
    It might have taken 10 or so years, but is this just the young kids of the late 90s Beast Wars era using a phrase in their teens from their childhood, like us old farts might say "roll out" instead of "let's go". (okay, maybe just in my head then )
    I would guess it is more likely in reference to NFL player Marshawn Lynch who was nicknamed 'beast mode', rather than the BW series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVfrwwEwgA

The 'Beast Quake'...the stadium shook so much after this touchdown that it registered as an earthquake with the USGS....

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On Teen Titans this morning:

Cyborg: music can transform you
    Raven: it can transform you? So I can be Optimus Prime?!
    Cyborg: You can’t be Optime Prime! I’m Optimus Prime! But you can be Bumbebee
    Raven: grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    The night begins to shine!!!!!!!!

Best episode ever
    I hadn’t even realised when initially posting that Cyborg actually transforms into Primes truck mode! I only saw that part when my son rewatched the episode today.

Heard “Dare” while the missus was watching Glow on netflix

Galvatran Guest

Deception Bay (QLD) made the news a few days ago for all the wrong reasons. Pretty sure that's a typo for Decepticon Bay.

FatalityPitt Guest

G1 Optimus Prime fights Gundam on ScrewAttack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyh2iO0rCh4

Galvatran Guest

Mike Larkan, the weatherman on channel 10's News at Five (Melbourne) told a joke during his weather segment today. It went something along these lines.

The girlfriend tells her boyfriend she wants to break up cos of his Transformers. The boyfriend replies: I can change.