Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF wholesale pricing info...

Default TF wholesale pricing info...

First time caller, longtime listener Just a comment on the pricing of TF's at the moment.

I get most of my TFs through a local distributor straight from their warehouse (yes, cheaper and earlier than the local shops). Thought it might be worth sharing with you the wholesale prices of TFs that places like Toyworld pay for them, and how this has gone DOWN, either through changes in the value of the Aussie dollar or Hasbro's local pricing strategy (not sure which).

To start with, the Ultra Classics are $42 each at wholesale. IMO, that makes $59-$60 each about the expected price. But dont pay any more than that, $70 is extortionate for an oversized minibot with flashing juggs. Maybe if they made an Ultra Arcee with flashing...er, never mind.

To put it in perspective...when the movie stuff came in last year, the deluxes were $22, Voyagers $30 and Leaders $70. Since then the prices have dropped at wholesale to $20 for deluxes and $65 for leaders (Voyagers still at $30)...but most retailers are still charging exactly the same as they were before.

Of course, I have no idea what places like Kmart and Target get to pay for thier bulk shipments (my supplier stocks places like Toyworld and smaller hobby shops), but it's a fair bet that they're paying less for their orders too.

Just something to keep in mind the next time Toyworld tries to jip you with a $99 Leader-class figure.

I can mention their Deluxe wholesale price to the major retailers, since it is the one I have mentioned before, but I won't publically post the rest of the size classes. AU$17, which compares to the AU$7 US Hasbro would be selling its deluxes at. The greater quantity sold over there would not account for that sort of difference, because both AU and US import by the 20 foot or 40foot container load, which makes the cost per unit arriving into the country very close to each other, no matter how many units they import above their first container load.
    That price difference gives an idea of how much extra Hasbro AU charges on their other size classes.
    But as long as they continue selling out their stock here, they don't intend to change their prices (that's their actual reason), despite the currency rate changing .

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So to get Hasbro to change prices in line with the exchange rates we should stop buying locally then?

Works for me. Henkei here I come.
    ________
    BABI MAC
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:20 AM.

I'm curious what is the nature of Hasbro's office over here?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I can mention their Deluxe wholesale price to the major retailers, since it is the one I have mentioned before, but I won't publically post the rest of the size classes. AU$17, which compares to the AU$7 US Hasbro would be selling its deluxes at. The greater quantity sold over there would not account for that sort of difference, because both AU and US import by the 20 foot or 40foot container load, which makes the cost per unit arriving into the country very close to each other, no matter how many units they import above their first container load.
    That price difference gives an idea of how much extra Hasbro AU charges on their other size classes.
    But as long as they continue selling out their stock here, they don't intend to change their prices (that's their actual reason), despite the currency rate changing .
    Good to know

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Griffin> is it illegal or something to publicly post wholesale prices? Why cant you post all fof the class sizes?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Yeah, that's right Hasbro Australia...

You think you can shaft us on these prices...

We ain't that dumb, We know that when we purchase online from overseas - not only do we get a much better deal but we also get the satisfaction of knowing you won't be getting a cent of our hard-earned...

Explains why we get reamed in New Zealand, since HNZ is a sub branch of Hasbro AU. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we have the pay the AU price which is coverted to New Zealand dollars

Being very weak at the moment ($1NZ = 78cAU) its not a good time to buy from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    We ain't that dumb, We know that when we purchase online from overseas - not only do we get a much better deal but we also get the satisfaction of knowing you won't be getting a cent of our hard-earned...
    See, I don't do it to get back at Hasbro. I'm doing it to save myself as much as I can.

3 months ago I thought otherwise though. I saw some of the guys here talking about how they were importing from places like BBTS and stuff and to put it bluntly, I was disappointed.

I believe in buying locally (probably because I live in a small town and try to keep as much money locally) and supporting the local bloke. Sure K-Mart and Target aren't exactly local, but the amount of money I spend there in a year I can pretty much say goes straight to pay one of the local workers wages.

But then I stopped and thought about it, supporting locally is one thing, but I have expenses of my own and I need to put myself first. So I checked out BBTS and not only do I save myself the hassle of running around looking for figures (which often involves a 200km round trip to Cairns which may or may not prove fruitful) but if I order enough it works out cheaper. So I save money on the cost and I save money on the petrol and I can guarantee myself getting the figures I want.

So Hasbro can do what they like in this country as far as i'm concerned. I'd be more inclined to blame the retailer than Hasbro but at the end of the day, I need to save money for MYSELF.