Page 945 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 925935940941942943944945946947948949950955965 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,450 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

It doesn't look like it.
    They are usually announced around Oct/Nov and out in Asia in December.
    The last one didn't get much of a release, I think only ended up in Canada.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It doesn't look like it.
    They are usually announced around Oct/Nov and out in Asia in December.
    Let's just say there may be a late press release in early April.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The last one didn't get much of a release, I think only ended up in Canada.
    Yeah that Rooster Optimus Prime was one big cock up for such a tiny scale Platinum Edition.

Just wondering if my annoying little QC issue on my MPM Bumblebee wide spread?

The screw that holds the front bumper to the hood of the Camaro wasn't screwed in all the way and because Bee's head was in the way I couldn't tighten the screw. I had to apply pressure to the screw to let the head flip up into it's robot mode place then get out the screw driver and tighten the thing properly.

From this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I live in the bush. No toy stores so no chance to go hunting for ‘bargians’. It’s either order online or don’t get the toy
    I recently went toy hunting down the South Coast and indeed stores were few and far between. I always forget that Target Country have no toy sections.

This got me thinking... how did people living in the country collect Transformers before online shopping? It's honestly something that I've never thought of before - the joys of never having lived in rural Australia. I did live in rural Japan, but even country Japan has pretty good public transport that I was able to travel to shopping centres easily enough. And where I was living wasn't too remote -- i.e. it took me about 1.5h to get to Tokyo. It's not like living in Hakone where I'm right smack in the middle of nowhere with bugger all shops around (although it was rural enough that there were some homes with drop-toilets!). And I have seen really remote properties in Australia where there are no other signs of humanity for kilometres around.

But yeah, I felt really frustrated toy hunting around Nowra and Kiama, and that's with the luxury of online shopping being a thing.

I grew up in country Victoria, Bairnsdale.
    a small town but we were lucky enough to have a Toyworld and a toykingdom, both very small. We also used to have the smallest Myer in the state and they stocked some transformers.

It was an hours drive to the nearest larger town (Sale) and a 3.5 hour drive to Melbourne.

I was lucky enough to get a G1 Megs at one point. All I ever had to go on was what was on the shelves at those stores, especially the Toyworld, and what was in the transformers catalogue in the toys I already had.

I expect my parents (mum really) went out of their way to acquire toys for us growing up. I do know that I spent a whole lot of my pocket money and paper round money at the local toy world, to the point that even now I stop by when I'm home and the store owner knows me by name...

A couple years ago when I was looking for some old boxes to scan to help out the guy making that Transformers legacy book I came across an old laybuy receipt from there. it was a good cm thick. I remember in my early Teens starting a laybuy with them and continuing it for months going in every week or two and adding my money to it. They even let me add a couple toys to it when I saw them in store. That's how I got the Protectobots among others, they might have been the 'gold box' release, I can't recall.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I grew up in country Victoria, Bairnsdale.
    I have family in Bairnsdale. I visited there a few years ago, I think it's a really nice town.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have family in Bairnsdale. I visited there a few years ago, I think it's a really nice town.
    It's nice enough to grow up in, suffered greatly from Tall poppy syndrome in the schools when I was a kid. I do miss having a yard with grass, except then I'd have to cut it.

Does anyone know if the Australian stock of POTP has Jazz with the MAGA missprint and the original or fixed Starscream?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Does anyone know if the Australian stock of POTP has Jazz with the MAGA missprint and the original or fixed Starscream?
    No idea, but does it matter, the print is so small, you wouldn't be able to tell if it's been changed until you get it out of the box and look at it under a very strong magnifying glass. Why let the actions of one person effect your enjoyment of a toy.

I can understand wanting to know about Starscream though. I guess wait until someone else gets it first and reviews it.