Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I join your ranks

Default I join your ranks

HI fellow fans.
    Um my name is josh lol, only really just got back into collecting transformers since I was a little kid, did buy some here and there but I must admit I do prefer the ww2 planes so if any one can tell me what other ones are out there besides lugnut and highbrow.

My collection is a couple of g2 planes which I can't find their names on the net sadly. Plus my prize and joy lugnut from the recent line. I am trying to get the highbrow but sadly I think I missed out on him, if some one can help me get him that would be awesome! Oh and the War For Cybertron set.

I do have some gobots in my collection so don't hate me lol. I don't know what else to say I really want to get into the community but not so much as a full scale collector because as a student I dont have a lot of time or cash. So if any one can help me get highbrow (as I love that figure, I think he looks awesome) that would be awesome. Also does any one know if there are any other ww2 bots please let me know.

Well I think that is all I can really tell about myself for now I guess umm I help I can contribute to this forum and I do plan on sticking around for a while and sticking by the rules of course as every one else does. I may not know a lot but if there is any way I can help out others I am more then willing to help.

Josh M

Welcome aboard!!
    I know there was a corsair in the G2 line i think it was purple other than that im not sure what transformer WW2 planes there are.
    Also I know that Highbrow wasnt released here so i think ebay and overseas may be your only options for him.

thanks guys!
    @loophole
    wow you're kidding me, that sucks! Looks like I will have to buy it online after all

@Goktimusprime
    is that two omega supremes you own? man I loved that guy as a kid but my parents never could find him for me, granted when I got into transformers he was no longer available in stores lol. How much does one go for these days? Gives me a goal to save up for after I buy HighBrow.

I try to limit myself to one transformer every now and then so that is why I dont really have much of a collection. But I must admit though I do have that kick ass optimus prime that every one has been going nuts over for because of the trailer that came out.
    I bought that prime when he came out as I thought I should atleast have a prime in it lol. I might get my girlfriend to buy me that trailer for him I saw on one of the other sites as a one year anniversary gift, she did ask me what I want

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    @Goktimusprime
    is that two omega supremes you own?
    Naw, one's the original Omega Supreme (mine) and the other's the reissue (which belongs to liegeprime). I do have GADEP though.

man I loved that guy as a kid but my parents never could find him for me, granted when I got into transformers he was no longer available in stores lol. How much does one go for these days?
    No idea. I usually buy my Transformers when they're currently available in stores so I'm totally craphouse at estimating aftermarket values.

I recommend you get the reissue dude... it'd be cheaper to get one MISB. One problem with Omega Supreme is that he has a LOT of little bits and pieces that are easy to lose (especially those itty bitty yellow connectors). So I reckon you should just get the reissue. The reissue also has tampographed insignias and a "face" on the inside of the head window to make him look more like he did in his canonical appearances (whereas the original doesn't have a face).

Wow I never knew that, hey I noticed on other pages you have arcee and the other prime figures, are they also out in Australia? I dont really go toy shopping a lot and well I only have a look every now and then in shops.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I just saw the link you gave me, that's a guardian robot! I've been downloading the episodes that are available on itunes and holy crap that is so freaking awesome! How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

You have excellent taste my friend if you're a fan of Classicsverse Lugnut, I love him too both for how cool of a toy he is but also because he reminds me so heavily of a WW2 plane; much as you say.
    Indeed it is unfortunate that Highbrow wasn't released here and one will have to source him online, if you've any other queries as to who/what has been released here in Australia though? - Checkout the Matrix Resource Section as it's full of that sort of info and is a great goto reference.

Have a look here, are any of your G2 planes listed? - maybe here, here or here also.
    Sorry man, could they even be this pair?

As you can see, there were quite a number of Jets in the G2 line, some were even apart of the very end of G1 but were also thrown in with G2, so it's easily confusing and I often find myself still getting confused.
    Also, don't be worried about anyone here with regards to Gobots dude, whilst they may be 'underlings' they're still very cool in their own right and many collect them here too.

I, much like many others, like to peruse the collections of others so I do hope you'll consider posting some pics of your own collection here too, whether one's collection is large or small means little to us so long as the owner enjoys what he or she is collecting.

Oh yeah, there have been many vintage styled Aircraft throughout the Transformers line but I think there might of actually been more in Gobots funnily enough; regardless, you might like to look into ROTF Ransack or Divebomb as they're the only 2 who immediately come to my mind.

When it comes to WW2 based craft, most of the time it tends to be land based vehicles that are more commonly used for Transformers it seems and it is a bloody shame as there are soooo many planes that could be used - I'd very much like to have a Spitfire or a B-17 but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I hope this wall of text has been of some help to you dude , and I hope you'll enjoy your time here; don't worry about asking silly questions as even the most seasoned TF collectors don't know everything but more to the point we're here to help, so feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Hursticon; 18th January 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: So many typos....

Welcome to the forum Josh, glad you could be part of our community.

Wow I never knew that, hey I noticed on other pages you have arcee and the other prime figures, are they also out in Australia? I dont really go toy shopping a lot and well I only have a look every now and then in shops.
    No, they're not out in Australia. I got my TF Prime toys from Toys R Us in Hong Kong and Japan.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I just saw the link you gave me, that's a guardian robot! I've been downloading the episodes that are available on itunes and holy crap that is so freaking awesome! How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?
    13650JPY which is about AU$171, although at the time I paid substantially more because the toy came out in September 2008 which was around the time the global financial crisis kicked in and the Aussie Dollar took a massive nosedive.

Fortunately for you the Aussie Dollar is pretty high atm