Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: MP Star Saber prototype!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    It's intended for retailers to see and decide how many units they want to order. The no photography sign is so the manufacturer (Takara) can sell exclusive preview content to hobby magazines.

Nice work Kurdt.
    Obviously they didn't share exclusive rights to the magazines first. Only themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Do they honestly believe that'll stop people?
    By Japanese standards it would. As you know, a lot of things in Japan run on trust, honour and respect over there. If my local council started setting up vending machines that sold alcohol, local kids would trash them and steal all the grog inside. Meanwhile in Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    They take the no photo shit a bit too seriously .... Check out tfyuki on twitter who just responded to my tweet to him asking what he thought of the colours and how excited i was:
    Surely you've been around the Japanese fandom long enough to not be surprised by such a response. The person who took that photo and leaked it disrespected TakaraTOMY's wish for noone to take unauthorised photos, then to make matters worse, share it on a public domain. Respect and honour are kinda important things to the Japanese.

Although in your defence, you didn't take the photos or upload or share it... you're just asking for an opinion now that the cat's out of the bag. I've never seen a Japanese site leak images before (they always seem to come from non-Japanese sources), but I have noticed Japanese sites like Autobase Aichi, who will distribute these images after they have already been leaked. But I can certainly understand why some (a lot) of Japanese fans would find such behaviour to be distasteful.

in the digital age - people are gonna buy printed media regardless of digital media as long as its worth it.

i won't get into the trust and honour thing as its a load of crap anyway.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I actually understand what Goki is saying but I think it is what it is.
    The Japanese culture follow very strict to the tee and will not break such laws regardless how small the issue you may think it is.

I am hopeful that they continue this route to be honest. If anyone been there you know how honest they are with money and a lot of stuff in general.

Anyway, it is leaked. So lets just discuss about the toy and not fight over the photograph. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Surely you've been around the Japanese fandom long enough to not be surprised by such a response. The person who took that photo and leaked it disrespected TakaraTOMY's wish for noone to take unauthorised photos, then to make matters worse, share it on a public domain. Respect and honour are kinda important things to the Japanese.

Although in your defence, you didn't take the photos or upload or share it... you're just asking for an opinion now that the cat's out of the bag. I've never seen a Japanese site leak images before (they always seem to come from non-Japanese sources), but I have noticed Japanese sites like Autobase Aichi, who will distribute these images after they have already been leaked. But I can certainly understand why some (a lot) of Japanese fans would find such behaviour to be distasteful.
    You don't know unless you try right? Arcadia/Yamato's rep on Twitter frequently discusses photos of no-photo prototypes. Anyway i removed the pic (from Twitter...) at his request.

It just shows they're oblivious to the international fandom imo. In this day and age, where everything has a camera and sharing is the standard, if they didn't want photos taken they shouldn't have displayed it. They're concerned that it's early and things could change, but I really fail to see the difference between a retailer putting up prototype pictures in a similar state (like Magnus and many others before it) and someone taking their own photo of one. True I don't know who took the photo, but given it's a Japanese toy show, the chance of it being a Japanese person is obviously high.

And more than that, you'd think that with a site dedicated to the 30th anniversary they would be happy to promote the development of it - offered a blog, again like Arcadia. They pretend to embrace social media but really they don't understand it at all. And after all, they're just toys, it's really not something to get your knickers in a twist over!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    By Japanese standards it would. As you know, a lot of things in Japan run on trust, honour and respect over there.
    i understand that aspect of it, Goki, but not everyone would adhere to it. As Kurdt pointed out, in this day & age with all of the technology available, surely they'd expect something like this happening or at least start enforcing stricter control measures to prevent it

If my local council started setting up vending machines that sold alcohol, local kids would trash them and steal all the grog inside. Meanwhile in Japan...
    They'd just get somebody with a Taspo card to buy it for them

Will they have an MP Victory Leo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    & Here's his transformation sequence accompanied by awesome theme music

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehTxWJRfQP8&feature=kp

Kinda reminds me of the old Voltron transformation sequence, especially the vehicles one.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They better after busting out Star Saber!!

I just assume that if one comes, the other is required. After all, Victory Saber is way more cooler sounding than Star Saber!

I'd buy it! I reckon they could do it. Then TT could properly take on Bandai's Soul of Chogokin combiner bots and I would very happy.

With a sad wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I suppose it would depend on how well MP Star Sabre sells.