Page 62 of 120 FirstFirst ... 425257585960616263646566677282 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Was reading TFWiki recently, and I found apparently you're meant to fold the cab panels from RotF Leader Optimus up against Jetfire's torso with Jetpower Optimus:

Folding the cab panels on Optimus like so makes a subtle but noticeable change to the silhouette. It's not well shown in this photo, but the Blackbird engine nacelles stand out more, which is more screen-accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Was reading TFWiki recently, and I found apparently you're meant to fold the cab panels from RotF Leader Optimus up against Jetfire's torso with Jetpower Optimus:

Folding the cab panels on Optimus like so makes a subtle but noticeable change to the silhouette. It's not well shown in this photo, but the Blackbird engine nacelles stand out more, which is more screen-accurate.
    !!!!

As someone who likes to combine my leader movie Primes with Jetfire, I'd never done this before. Having to resist the urge to go do it now and continue working!

only realised the other day that all decepticons end with con eg constucticon, insecticon and autobots end with bot, dinobot ,arialbot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    only realised the other day that all decepticons end with con eg constucticon, insecticon and autobots end with bot, dinobot ,arialbot. lol
    There are several faction-exclusive sub groups that buck this trend, including...
    * Jumpstarters
    * Battlechargers
    * Junkions
    * Lightformers
    * Trakkons
    * Motorvators
    * Turbomasters
    * Predators
    * Stormtroopers
    * Axelerators
    * Aquaspeeders
    * Brainmasters
    * Breast Force
    * Multi Force
    * Powered Masters
    etc.

And there are obviously other sub-groups which aren't bound by faction, such as Headmasters, Targetmasters, Action Masters, Micromasters, Pretenders, Clones, Powermasters, Power Masters, Godmasters, Obliterators, Transmetals, Fuzors, Mini-Cons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There are several faction-exclusive sub groups that buck this trend, including...
    * Jumpstarters
    * Battlechargers
    * Junkions
    * Lightformers
    * Trakkons
    * Motorvators
    * Turbomasters
    * Predators
    * Stormtroopers
    * Axelerators
    * Aquaspeeders
    * Brainmasters
    * Breast Force
    * Multi Force
    * Powered Masters
    etc.

And there are obviously other sub-groups which aren't bound by faction, such as Headmasters, Targetmasters, Action Masters, Micromasters, Pretenders, Clones, Powermasters, Power Masters, Godmasters, Obliterators, Transmetals, Fuzors, Mini-Cons etc.
    The way I justify that in my head is that those teams which you have suggested Gok are teams defined by a technology, rather than a theme (ie: Dinobots are a team of Autobot Dinosaurs, whereas the Lightformers are a jeep and a plane who use light based weapons).

I just found out that RotF deluxe Ratchet has an Automorph-type transformation on his grille-mounted lamps: they shift up or down depending on the position of his bumper when you transform his torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just found out that RotF deluxe Ratchet has an Automorph-type transformation on his grille-mounted lamps: they shift up or down depending on the position of his bumper when you transform his torso.
    that is cool, is that the same as the dark of the moon deluxe of ratchet, if so I think I might finally get around to opening my one of these this weekend.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

No, DotM deluxe Ratchet is a new mould. No automorph or mech-alive on that one, just his mech-tech. Sill a good mould though.

Rather obscure but I just noticed CW Optimus Maximus's limb layout is very similar to Energon Optimus Prime. Cool
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I just got RID Warrior Optimus. I didn't know Hasbro had gone back to putting instructions on the back of the packaging. It's good to cut down on paper used, but also means they are cheaping out even furtherer.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.