Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'New' Metallica: Death Magnetic

I gave it a listen and to me it sounds like more of the same stuff they've been putting out last couple of albums. There are some nice riffs here and there but nothing that great. Hetfields vocals are really tired now I think.

I think it's pretty 'meh'.
    If it weren't for it being a 'Metallica' album, it wouldn't get any attention at all.
    There have been a lot of great albums released in metal this year...Metallica would barely rate a mention.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I think it's pretty 'meh'.
    If it weren't for it being a 'Metallica' album, it wouldn't get any attention at all.
    There have been a lot of great albums released in metal this year...Metallica would barely rate a mention.
    I tend to disagree Demonac. I’m a Metallica fan from way back and grew up on the original garage days etc. They did sell out when the black album was made.
    Death Magnetic songs are obviously not designed to be played on commercial mainstream radio stations with most songs over the six minute mark. Death Magnetic shows they still have what it takes to please old school fans like me. I give it 10/10

Wow with that sort of review (10/10) i may try harder to listen to it.