Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here knows about cars (real ones :) )?

So Kup what was the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by To Punish & Enslave View Post
    So Kup what was the outcome?
    Car died, its beyond repair unless I want to spend more money than its worth.

Yesterday I bought a Holden Commodore Acclaim for a very cheap price and I am very happy with it. It was the Executive edition too so it comes with Cruise Control, power windows, Central locking, CD player, etc.

My fear is that it would eat up much more gas than the previous car but it seems to have reasonable consumption.
    Last edited by kup; 22nd September 2008 at 06:08 PM.

sorry to hear that, Kup...

a bigger car will always have a heavier fuel consumption (i'm generalising)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Sorry to hear that Mate...

Hard to believe your Daewoo only had a lifespan of 13 years... (they sure don't make 'em like they used to... )

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    sorry to hear that, Kup...

a bigger car will always have a heavier fuel consumption (i'm generalising)
    At the price I got it for, it seems very good and so far an increased fuel consumption is not showing that much. I have driven from Miranda to my place (20kms) and then work and back (15km each way) and the fuel gage hasn't shifted down that much. The up side is that I no longer need to travel huge distances as often as I did with the first car.

We will see after a couple of weeks but I don't expect it to be much more than the first car when it comes to fuel. I am also having it checked up tomorrow just in case but so far it runs like a charm.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Car died, its beyond repair unless I want to spend more money that its worth.

Yesterday I bought a Holden Commodore Acclaim for a very cheap price and I am very happy with it. It was the Executive edition too so it comes with Cruise Control, power windows, Central locking, CD player, etc.

My fear is that it would eat up much more gas than the previous car but it seems to have reasonable consumption.
    Don't worry about the fuel. What you saved by not buying a new little car will more than make up for it. Plus in reality, it's most likely not too much difference anyway.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

You tend to make up efficiency with a newer car, anyway. Which will at least partially offset the size.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Parking in the new, larger car is the fun part!

Smart move in upgrading to a newer car Kup, when something big goes wrong in a 10+ year old car, its only a matter of time before more things go wrong!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Smart move in upgrading to a newer car Kup, when something big goes wrong in a 10+ year old car, its only a matter of time before more things go wrong!
    +1 on that!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Actually its a 'new' car because I just bought it for me. Its actually about as old as the other one but in much, much better condition and low millage.

I am having it checked out by the mechanics just in case but I have been driving it for 3 days and it still runs very well. Also the parts are cheaper and easier to maintain than the other car so it is an upgrade (lots of extra features too) even if its about the same age.

For $3000 for a car in immaculate condition, I am very happy with it considering that the impact to my savings was much smaller than expected.