Page 1 of 31 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

Default TFA/Animated Comments thread

Thought I'd kick this off. After over a week since i got my Megatron, i cracked him open and was very surprised by the quality of the toy. love the poseability and the waist articulation. The waist articulation is pretty rare among leaders courtesy of the electronic gimmicks usually.

One thing I'm having trouble is that the wings don't seem to come down and fit snugly. Is it just a problem with mine or am I do doing something wrong?

Nor does my cannon/holder fit on the underbelly of the helicopter well. It's very annoying with that massive gap there.

QC issue or am I just a dope?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Meg's wings are loose on mine too. I think it was a design choice to accomodate for the synched rotating blades. Although I don't see how they couldn't make a locking mechanism of some sort. Sucks to hear your cannon/holder doesn't fit snugly. Mine does. So thats most likely a QC issue.

I've been extremely happy with the series so far. Quality figures all around. The robot modes are just fantastic, alt modes are top notch albeit stylized and conversions are just engineering marvels. Leader Class and Voyager figures are top notch. Deluxe figures weren't too bad at all. Paint apps are good for the most part but could be better.

With the recent acquisition of Blitzwing, I was VERY dissapointed with the jet mode. The tank treads ruin it. Tank mode is excellent and so does his robot mode. 2/3 ain't too bad. Although I must say that the paint apps on my one is pretty horrid. Scratched purple paint on the nosecone which is very noticeable and a few other purple areas. Only one I managed to find though, so beggars can't be choosers. But the scratched paint on the nosecone is pretty severe and VERY noticeable. The triple face mechanism is also quite flawed. I understand why they used the rubbery plastic for the "helmet" but the dial on the back of his head just doesn't work as the flexing helmet just makes it impossible to move as the faces just doesn't spin due to friction. You just have to move the actual face with your finger. I don't see why they just didn't make the helmet hard plastic along with a working face changing mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    With the recent acquisition of Blitzwing, I was VERY dissapointed with the jet mode. The tank treads ruin it. Tank mode is excellent and so does his robot mode. 2/3 ain't too bad. Although I must say that the paint apps on my one is pretty horrid. Scratched purple paint on the nosecone which is very noticeable and a few other purple areas. Only one I managed to find though, so beggars can't be choosers. But the scratched paint on the nosecone is pretty severe and VERY noticeable. The triple face mechanism is also quite flawed. I understand why they used the rubbery plastic for the "helmet" but the dial on the back of his head just doesn't work as the flexing helmet just makes it impossible to move as the faces just doesn't spin due to friction. You just have to move the actual face with your finger. I don't see why they just didn't make the helmet hard plastic along with a working face changing mechanism.
    That sums up my opinion perfectly, although my purple nosecone paint is fine.

Blitzing's Jet Mode makes Movie Starscream look aerodynamic.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Isn't it strange how they did a good job blending the tank treads into his animated jet mode but they couldn't make that blend even nearly as seamless in the actual toy...

Anyone elses Blitzwing have a little white dot that has been molded and painted on his right arm shoulder? Is that a reference to anything? It's not on the left side shoulder so I'm quite puzzled that they went all the way to include it onto the mold itself and actually paint it. Could it be a robot mole?

Hey Stompy, I don't seem to have it. Can you take a pic?

Here it is in tank mode:

It's a perfectly round and smooth bump and its definately paint and not a stress mark. Odd.

Definitely not on mine. Looks like a pimple.

Hmm upon closer inspection I reckon it's a manufacturing glitch. I think its a blister that happened sometime after molding. It looks a lot more like white stress marks than paint.