Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Display Cabinets

I got mine from there for $535 after emailing Rohan Dimmock. rohan@displayandracksystems.com.au
    The guy in the Villawood store I talked to was Merv.
    The one I got was the SC3010 Glass Display Cabinet.
    http://www.displayandracksystems.com...t_detail&p=171

Where it says fully assembled, its not. It comes flat packed and it's a two man job to assemble. Its very heavy trust me. The guy also said they don't do stairs, whatever that means.
    It consists of a flat black wooden base with slots cut in for the side panels. There is no frame as such, the panels are held together with L-brackets and screws. There is a push lock at the bottom. Mine was a little askew, easily fixed by putting a strip of wood underneath the left glass panel. They also are a bit stingy with the washers, I really need more to protect the glass but the amount supplied is the bare minimum.
    It's a decent size and its quite deep so it can hold a lot of stuff. The shelf positions are fixed but are big enough for most TFs, larger ones like the Masterpieces will have to sit at the bottom.
    Overall its a nice case, I'm very happy with mine and for the price I think it's a good deal.

I actually just bought a display cabinet from IKEA of all places.
    What sold me on it was the adjustable shelving.
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/40116876
    I'll probably add a mirror to the back, and lots of extra shelves

This one was nicer (and slightly larger), but didn't come in black:
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/10115562

Ok I rang the guys over at www.displayandracksystems.com.au and told them i'm looking for TF display cabinets. I was interested in 2 particular ones. The guy over at the Tempe store (John), very helpful mind you, said there was a new range coming out in February. He didn't have any info on them at all but he said he will make a few phone calls and get back to me . I'm hoping for a brochure or something.
    So until Early February my Optimus needs to harden the f&#k up and be happy he has a bookcase to live in.

If I do get the new broucher I wll scan and post.
    Last edited by Johnny; 22nd January 2008 at 09:45 PM.

jaydisc, I checked out the ones you linked to when I bought mine...I don't think much of them as they are really small. 40cm x 40cm really isn't much room to display more than 2 or 3 items.
    The shelves are also fixed in position, so you're stuck if you want to have really big stuff in there.