Thread: Getting Ebay stuff from the US?

Default Getting Ebay stuff from the US?

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting stuff from Ebay US. There is heaps of cheap figures listed that are below $10 AU but ridiculously high postage amounts or Ebay's Global Shipping scam means that getting them to Oz in not worth it. Does anyone have a way of getting stuff from the US without stupid postage amounts?
    My old man recently went to the UK so I was able to buy stuff from Ebay UK and get it shipped to the address where he was staying which made it worth the effort but I don't know anyone in the US or know anyone going over there. Anyone have any ideas?
    Spiderken Away!

Try shipito? I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be for a single item but you can combine packages if you buy a few different things.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting stuff from Ebay US. There is heaps of cheap figures listed that are below $10 AU but ridiculously high postage amounts or Ebay's Global Shipping scam means that getting them to Oz in not worth it. Does anyone have a way of getting stuff from the US without stupid postage amounts?
    My old man recently went to the UK so I was able to buy stuff from Ebay UK and get it shipped to the address where he was staying which made it worth the effort but I don't know anyone in the US or know anyone going over there. Anyone have any ideas?
    Could you message the sellers and ask if they would do direct shipping? It works out a lot cheaper and I know some sellers are willing to do this for countries they consider "safe". Obviously some sellers prefer to fob the risk off because they are scared by the idea of having to fill in a customs form... but no harm in asking.

I have asked a couple and their response was along the lines of "we only use ebay global shipping".
    Spiderken Away!

Since global shipping came in I have only bought from the US a couple of times, before that it would have been 10 - 20 times a year. It is so overpriced and the two items I have purchased under the regime were poorly packed and had damage to the boxes. While the speed and tracking is nice the area of where to lay blame for crap packaging seems a bit grey.
    The best bet is to try and find a friend or relative who lives over there and get everything sent to them, then send it all to Oz in one go. Obviously we all don't have that option.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)