Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinobot Disaster!!!

Default Dinobot Disaster!!!

Evening everyone,

I thought the thread heading was catchy, but i am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment with the sheer number of dinobots there are currently and coming to the market.

I recently purchased Generations Skyfire, and saw that G1 style Slog was shipping to Au now, so i have ordered one.

Now i have the opportunity through a recent contact of mine in the USA, that he will help me acquire the SDCC dinobot set. Definitely one, perhaps a second but i guess it will depend how much shipping will cost me and what not. So someone bagging one from me will not be a definite.

But at the same time, i love the 5 pack platinum coming out to Myer as in my opinion, they are movie accurate colours.

Not to mention the current set which are available, eg leader class Grimlock. Lets be honest any other size apart from Leader class looks funny next to Prime comsidering he towered over him.

Still on my hit list is the G1 reissue dinobots. So i would love to hear some opinions, as my head is spinning

Cheers

The G1 Dinobots were never reissued. They did get a second release but that was waaaay back, still considered along the timeline that G1 is the current line - Gold box packaging. ANother is in the funky colors during the G2 era - and they weren't the fab 5 anymore just grimlock, Slag and Snarl.

Any seller telling you that the stuff they're selling you are reissues are lying through their teeth or don't know what their selling ,as these are high class KOs. Look specially at the box for Grimlock - it says Bommander - when it should be Dinobot Commander...

As for the newer dino versions, well your lucky someones getting you the expensive recolours (SDCC) and getting the missing member thru Amazon. If your after any of the 3rd party ones though... I say go buy whichever appeals to you most and can be easy for your budget.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    and saw that G1 style Slog was shipping to Au now, so i have ordered one.
    They've repainted AoE Slog in black and gold?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Still on my hit list is the G1 reissue dinobots. So i would love to hear some opinions, as my head is spinning
    The reissue Dinobots are pretty much the same as the original G1 Dinobots, only without copyright stampage. Be aware that only Grimlock, Snarl and Sludge were ever officially reissued, and that the legitimate reissues are packaged in the early 1990s style gold boxes (Picture reference). Swoop and Slag have never been reissued, and any toy claiming to be a reissue in 1985 G1 style boxes are counterfeits. See How to spot the difference between the fakes and original G1s.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They've repainted AoE Slog in black and gold?
    Nah, they're using Sludge's G1 colours

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ANother is in the funky colors during the G2 era - and they weren't the fab 5 anymore just grimlock, Slag and Snarl.
    One of the colours the G2 Dinobots were released in was the same as their G1 grey.

But, yes, there hasn't been a reissue in twenty years.

Smile

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the advice on the fake reissue
    G1 dinobots, I feel that I have essentially saved $250+ and
    being scammed.

Seriously appreciate it, having said that I am tempted
    to get both the SDCC dinobots and the platinum edition
    from Myer.

Cheers

If you are looking for a wide spread of Dinobots toys the Animated ones aren't bad. Also if funds are like you can always pick up some of the WST ones

Wat site is shipping g1 styled slog to aus?

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Wat site is shipping g1 styled slog to aus?
    Amazon US site currently is

www.amazon.com

Details here for the Amazon Gen1 Slog - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=19092

It wasn't allowed to us at first, but then it change a couple weeks ago.