Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Archer

I don't really care, if it's not him I'm sure it would be someone else making decisions that some of us collectors don't like.

So who came up with BT/Alt, Classics, Real Gear and Animated if it wasn't Archer?

Just curious :P

It was Takara who came up with the idea for Binaltechs as it was the next stage of evolution from Car Robot.

Not sure about the others, but my hunch is that Archer came up w/ them.

[QUOTE=Tober;4118]So I'm a little curious. What exactly is it that he has done (or not done) that has members of this board wanting to stab him etc?

/QUOTE]

Eeer, on the not done ....Make a TF figure of himself or named after himself and sell it mass production wise, with more hype and pomp, in more quantities that leaves no more shelf space for the more interesting TF figures to come would this count IF it happens... I can guess bloody murder will be a tad understatement on the mindframes of the fandom heheheh... would be interesting though how he survives with all them fans cmoing up with ways to stalk him and off him in "creative" TF related, styled ... ok Im just ranting now ..... need my ritalin
    Last edited by liegeprime; 25th January 2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I think that Takara had a heavy hand with the Classics. I am not sure where the idea originated but most if not all of the toys such as Classics Mirage were designed and prototyped in Japan by Takara.

With the movie line, it isn't really something that Archer or Hasbro/Takara did independently. It was a cooperation with many factors when it comes to the character look and feel of the toys.

Speculative:

I also suspect that Archer had a back sit approach to most of the movie line designs as many of the design elements seen in the toys do not match his style and were rather unique and innovative. Archer's designs and art direction have always involved simplified transformations on small toys and over emphasis on gimmicks in larger toys (as well as simplified Transformations). He is also fond of organic looking Transformers.

We can see more of his design influence on the larger Movie toys such as Leader Megatron and Leader Brawl due to the somewhat pointless but over excessive electronic gimmicks and not up to scratch Transformations. Megatron has a kind of a more organic look (much more so than the actual movie) which is a style that Archer was known to implement in his past designs.
    ________
    Lost Dicussion
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not sure about the others, but my hunch is that Archer came up w/ them.
    Yes it is so very hard to come with an idea like "Let's make transformers that turn into everyday items!" ala Real Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Kup
    Archer's designs and art direction have always involved simplified transformations on small toys and over emphasis on gimmicks in larger toys (as well as simplified Transformations).
    Armada Laserbeak is probably the best example of Archer's work for Transformers.

I also believe that Classics Mirage was designed by the only Australian designer at TakaraTomy.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 25th January 2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I also believe that Classics Mirage was designed by the only Australian designer at TakaraTomy
    That is true, I read his interview.

Armada Laserbeak is probably the best example of Archer's work for Transformers
    Doesn't that toy suck?
    ________
    Honda Orthia
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:56 PM.

The Moview transformers were designed by ILM subcontracters. Ben Proctor was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I also believe that Classics Mirage was designed by the only Australian designer at TakaraTomy.
    Alex Kubalsky.

He also designed Classics Bumblebee and Booster X10 as well as the awesome Bumblebee 08.

Pingmag interview.

(Armada Laserbeak)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Doesn't that toy suck?
    Like a hoover....

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

In Archer's defence, he didn't do Armada Laserbeak. I think it was one of their other lead designers (Eric) who did that, as his first Transformer.
    Also in his defence, he wouldn't be getting things approved by upper management if they didn't want TFs to be done in that way. They wouldn't have kept him on for the last ten years otherwise.
    And no hate/death/stabbing talk here. It might not be serious, but the writers of Beast Machines didn't attend a TF convention because of that type of talk on a global fan forum.