Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collector Club 2015 toy sneak peaks

Looks like Nacelle/G2 Starscream might be the last of the seeker mould figures

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...etired-181962/

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Looks like Nacelle/G2 Starscream might be the last of the seeker mould figures

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...etired-181962/
    I wonder why? Mold damage, or they don't thing there is a market for Redwing? If you get the color right, he'd be superb. And I wonder where they got the number 31 seekers from? We've had KO versions of the seekers before, so I wonder if well get a Redwing that way?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I am surprised by this announcement...

I thought that we would have atleast got SG Dirge and Redwing before retiring the mould.

The mould has had a great run, it has to be close the most used mould.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I wonder why? Mold damage, or they don't thing there is a market for Redwing? If you get the color right, he'd be superb. And I wonder where they got the number 31 seekers from? We've had KO versions of the seekers before, so I wonder if well get a Redwing that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by TFwiki
    Classics Ramjet
    Classics Skywarp
    Classics Starscream
    Timelines Dirge
    Timelines Thrust
    Timelines Ramjet (G2)
    Timelines Thundercracker
    Timelines/Shattered Glass Thundercracker
    Gentei! Gentei! Dirge
    Henkei! Henkei! Ramjet
    Henkei! Henkei! Skywarp
    Henkei! Henkei! Starscream
    Henkei! Henkei! Ghost Starscream
    Gentei! Gentei! Thrust
    Henkei! Henkei! Thundercracker
    Universe Acid Storm
    Universe Starscream
    Generations Dirge
    Generations Thrust
    Generations Thundercracker
    United Dirge
    United Ramjet
    United Skywarp
    United Starscream
    United Thrust
    United Thundercracker
    Timelines Bitstream
    Timelines Hotlink
    Timelines Sunstorm
    (source)
    That's 29, then add the two upcoming Club releases and we've got our 31...

For some reason this news finally kicked me over the edge in buying the Rainmakers set, so between those three, the two TFSS figures this year, the United Aces/Elite sets, and Acid Storm I'll have all the officially released characters (if not all versions of them)

The KO versions don't count in that list, so the total number of versions of the mould released is probably much higher if you include them.

And current speculation on places like TFWiki suggest they're not definitely discontinuing the mould, just not using it next year. Again that's speculation thought, but there's also no news that Hasbro or Takara won't re-use it (though I don't see that being all that likely).

EDIT: and while I have no idea who Redwing really is, a nice metallic red seeker would be amazing (somewhere between the bright red on United Starscream and the deep red on United Thrust would be perfect)

Yeah the quote is "...may well be the final use of this mold. We have no future plans to use the Classics mold again." Which doesn't mean there wont be more toys made with it in the future by Hasbro or Takara or by FunPub itself once their plans changes. The news item headline is misleading.

It's a tease having a red deco featured, and then we never had one out of the 31 different ones released.
    I'm surprised that they've bothered to make the announcement as if there was a demand for a statement one way or the other. There are a lot more people demanding the remaining known redecos, than people complaining about its repeated use.
    It's been their best meal ticket mould (most popular and most used), so it's like shooting themselves in the foot just to appease who? If there were critics of that mould being used too often, they weren't going to buy it anyway... all they've done is alienate their potential customers who wanted Redwing, the Dirge prototype and the Ramjet prototype (like Nacelle being the Thrust prototype). (I personally want to have a red Seeker jet - a primary colour we've never had from any Seeker mould... the closest we get is maroon)
    That's three more guaranteed sales that they would be refusing to make if this is true.

If the mould has finally been worn out, then why not say that Hasbro is the target of any criticism... taking responsibility for this decision, just makes them more of a target when it was completely avoidable if they had just implied that the mould was no longer available.
    We certainly don't have a Deluxe replacement yet for the Seeker subgroup, and the new Legends Seeker mould is not going to be as exciting or desirable to adult collectors who have adult sized hands and fingers.

It boggles the mind how FunPub stays in business with the way it neglects its customers and ignores what they want.

Unless this is all just a ploy to see just how many people might want more Seekers?