Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: International Sightings

For those curious what the HK Toys'R'Us shelves currently have on them here's what Causeway Bay looked like yesterday:

RID Menasor was the last one (which my son bought), behind it were a number of the RID Bumblebee combiner.

Bangkok 2017

I've always been told finding Transformers in Thailand wasn't worth it. After spending a couple of days in Bangkok I discovered Transformers are available... at a price. The general rule is if it is imported it will be more expensive. If it is made locally it will be reasonably priced.
    The markup on Transformers (and toys in general) at Toy'sR'Us are between 40 and 60% more than what I pay here in Hong Kong.
    HOWEVER the Dickie die cast vehicles were cheaper than here in Hong Kong by about 20%. I later realised this is because they are made in Thailand and not subjected to the hefty import taxes that are levied on most other products.
    I went to 2 places, both in a mall called CentralWorld.
    The first was a department store called Zen. It had a toy section on the 6th floor. I found this store to be slightly cheaper than Toys'R'Us and they had a sale on all die-cast vehicles while I was there so I got further discount off the price of my Dickie vehicles.

For those interested in the Dickie sets I got these ones which I've not seen before in other parts of the world I've been travelling:

On to Toys'R'Us where prices were INSANELY expensive. Despite having a couple of figures I wanted I couldn't justify the expense. Infernicus was over AU$100!!

They only had Nemesis Prime and Optimus Prime Allspark Tech figures. Again they were priced a lot higher than I would have expected to pay in other places ... unfortunately... so had to skip getting them.

A shame about the prices... and we think ours are bad.

So many different sets of those Simba/Dickie cars available there - I actually didn't think that they ended up being made (all those ones in the press releases), but I guess if they were made in Thailand, that's where you'd find them.

More Velocitron sets by the pallet load. A pity they didn't show up in more Western locations for those who were wanting it.

These have just been spotted at a local toy store Toy Kingdom in the Philippines. Prices at current forex

TR Trypticon 180aud
    Siege on Cybertron Set 150aud
    MPM3 Bee 100aud
    MPM4 Optimus 130aud

I really should have taken some images of the toy stores in Japan and Singapore

However .. movie toys
    Meh

when I was in europe in july i went to a toys r us in berlin and TLK voyagers there were 50 euro. I was pretty surprised. so maybe we actually don't have it too bad here after all

Default Beijing Toys'R'US

I was in Bejing last week and found a Toys'R'Us in Wangfujing. I wasn't there to go toy hunting as I was with a friend so this was the only store I took any time to look in.
    Here is what the displays/shelves looked like:
    Display in the APM shopping mall. They also had My Little Pony (promoting a movie) next to it.

Front entrance to the store:

Bucketloads of Bumblebees! (Note: these were first released over a year ago - Optimus, Megs and grimlock sold out within the first month last year... this guy... not so much).

Main shelves:

Shadow Spark Optimus has slowly reduced on the shelves here in HK but there seems to be an over abundance of them in China.
    Shelves were well stocked but didn't have anything out of the norm. All prices shown are in RMB.

Nice pics as always Bladestorm... always blowing our Aussie stores out of the water with the amount of TFs stock. And you are really going to miss the convenience of being able to pop into nearby stores with such variety next year.

I'm in Malaysia at the moment.

Saw POTP but didn't take pictures. I saw Jazz and Swoop and a few other but can't remember. They were priced at 89rm.

I also stumbled across a shop but don't know location had quite a few TFs from different lines. I will post pics later as I'm on my phone.

This was at Parksons in KK Makaysia

[IMG][/IMG]

This was the hobby shop in Malaysia