Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I just put some Billy shelves up in my place today for books but I've given it a test run with some TFs. I think you are right about a lack of depth that might not work for a lot of Transformers, but for a more selective/rotating display it could be just right.

Of course if doesn't help that I put Fortress Maximus on the shelf too but I'm happy to finally have that toy on display that I couldn't stop myself.

You can get deeper "Billy" bookcases http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50208470/. They are 39cm deep opposed to 29cm for the standard "Billy".

I know I should have gotten a deeper one when I bought one.

Wow it's a year later and I've barely done anything on displaying my collection. I've got to get a move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I meant the glass door ones.
    Yeah the doors are the pricey bit. I've got some Billy shelves with no doors yet. But think maybe a Detolf in my living room.

The reason I prefer the Detolfs over Billy is the ability to view my TFs from different angles. Really allows the light to get around them, not being too shaded or unviewable from certain directions.

I think this is the best looking display that IKEA has. Shelves are moveable & you can add more if you want.

I want to go the whole hog and invest in these babies
    http://www.bethelshopfitting.com.au/...play.showcases

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah the doors are the pricey bit. I've got some Billy shelves with no doors yet. But think maybe a Detolf in my living room.
    Having a premium display of a single detolf in the living room does sound good but for me that's where my entire display is .

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    The reason I prefer the Detolfs over Billy is the ability to view my TFs from different angles. Really allows the light to get around them, not being too shaded or unviewable from certain directions.
    that's a good point, I have a dark brown billy and one of the biggest issues I have is being able to see figures up the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I think this is the best looking display that IKEA has. Shelves are moveable & you can add more if you want.
    I never could have got that one, it would be the only white piece of furniture in the house. would have clashed with everything. I did look at it in the store, I find the wood panneling does restrict the view of the shelves a bit much. Overal brightness of it though and lighting would make it a lot easier to see detail without extra lighting.

this is my shelving as it is at the moment.
    I do have a couple small lights in it that I forgot to turn on for the pictures above. I am also thinking about buying some Mains power led strings to put in there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I have a Billy and 3 Detolfs. Detolfs are best IMO as you can see what's in them. Mine are all lit up and look great. Would love to post pics but cannot post attachments. Plus my Detolfs were only $99 each as opposed to their normal $169 (which I wouldn't pay).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I have a Billy and 3 Detolfs. Detolfs are best IMO as you can see what's in them. Mine are all lit up and look great. Would love to post pics but cannot post attachments. Plus my Detolfs were only $99 each as opposed to their normal $169 (which I wouldn't pay).
    How'd you get them for that price?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    How'd you get them for that price?
    Ikea here in Perth had them on special for $99 last year. Got 4 but have no room yet for the 4th.