Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lego Ideas Voltron set has been approved

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've spent a long time saying "no, I'll never buy Lego" but this place, and combining robot lions, has finally worn me down
    And another one bites the dust....
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I couldn't fight it any longer and bought Voltron from the AU Lego store. I don't buy Lego because I don't usually have the space to display it - but I couldn't resist Voltron

None on display at Chadstone today at the Lego Store and staff were busy so I didn’t stop to ask. Am thinking I may need to order online but Lego Shop online won’t ship to PO Boxes.

Can you get it sent to your work?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    None on display at Chadstone today at the Lego Store and staff were busy so I didn’t stop to ask. Am thinking I may need to order online but Lego Shop online won’t ship to PO Boxes.

This weekend I spoke a guy at I’m Rick James Bricks in Pakenham (VIC), who is expecting maybe 20 units (maybe more?) in about a week and a half, and he intimated that he expects them to sell out quickly. Estimated price is around $290.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I checked with our local Toyworld and they will be getting him in stock in November.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

The Lego store at Chadstone got this in so I’m sorted

Four more on the shelf at the moment for $290

Finally built the big barstand! He's basically a giant statue but somehow is capable of far more dynamism than UW Devastator who is far more articulated (on paper anyway).

It's a bit disappointing that the transformation is cheaty but the build quality, number of new unique pieces and the absolute love letter to the original Voltron that is the instructions (each lion gets it's own booklet and the sequence in which everything is built follows the original transformation animation) makes this set worth the hefty pricetag.

Hope this leads to more lego giant robos to follow!

I built my Voltron with my family last week. It was an absolute joy. This thing is so solid and beastly. From a distance it doesn't even look like a Lego figure.

One thing I got hung up on was the number stickers, Black Lion has his orientated upside down relative to the other lions. After much Youtube review browsing I eventually realised that this is true to the original toy so I decided to place it as shown.

The books were cool too. It was especially nice to see the original fan that propsed it and then how it was progressed by their design team.

Built them months ago but yet still haven't gotten around to making the sword & shield.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot