Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

yeap it sure did and when i went to move the arm up to have a better look it fell off.

Most of the TFs in my list are GPS sufferers which would explain they're downfall. Others are just suffering from Brittleness of the plastic prolly due to age of the toy.

7 years ago - G1 Roadblock's innerbot - I got the toy (from ebay) when it arrived, was too excited didn't heed that it is a gold plastic tf tried to pose the little innerbot and that arm snapped.... glued it in place and never played with the innerbot again, always just the innershell pretender now... this also happened with my G1 Skyhammer's innerbot - I bought an extra innerbot to compensate but I don't manipulate the little guy at all.

Same thing with Pretender Monster innerbot - G1 Bristleback - I was being careful but there seems no way of going around the darn GPS - transformed the innerbot from bot to beast mode and the leg snapped in pieces - had to scramble to the floor to find all the pieces so I can glue it all back together in place. Needless to say I've stuck the thing in beast mode - actually in limb mode, and finally after 7 years found a spare (which I fixed as well) to keep in bot mode.

Mutant Beast Soundwave - I have been warned that the toy is absolutely all in gold plastic - tried to eveeeer so gently transform from gator to bat mode and a whole section of his chest snapped. again glue in place and now he's forever stuck in bat mode. At least the glue holds all of em.

Last year , with God Ginrai - that tab for his leg that locks godbomber to his feet in combined mode snapped while I was trying to play with the toyafter years of not playing with it. I tried to glue it but yeah, the tab just isn't going as strong as it used to , so I bought an extra God Ginrai from a fellow member here, kept that in its box and as for my first Ginrai - he's forever in combined mode with Godbomber.

Years ago I managed to acquire an incomplete Metroplex - while at play and transforming him to base mode, the middle torso connector snapped and he ended up in two segments - upper and lower. Heavy glueing and days of not moving the toy he is now left in Philippines - still incomplete , transformable to a degree but you cant twist his torso at all anymore. Ive since acquired 2 more complete Metroplex. Im thinking of passing that one up to this kid I know, mebbe.

Admittedly this one is a preTF - MicronCondor - blue hue - arguably Garboil hehehe. His plastic started to turn brittle around the leg joint where it joins with the body at the tail part. It crumbled when I transformed him and not amount of gluing has kept it in place, this figure Ive retired...

Another pre tf - Micron Microx - Pre Reflector - Ive had it even before I got my first TF (Soundwave) around 1984. Havent played with it much since the joint are quite loose from all the play it got waaay back when I was a kid. then one day I decided to clean it a bit and tried to separate the 3 figures (it was in camera mode) I pulled one figure and the metal strut of the middlebot(pre- Viewfinder) snapped away with the robot I tried to disconnect.... I was really annoyed coz for yeaaars Ive had this toy, and to think it snapped at the metal portion not the plastic bit, grrrr. no amount of g;luing could connect it back but Ive kept the figures (for sentimental reasons) in combined camera mode and remains on display in my G1 shelf.

Another figure which Ive abandoned back in Phils in G1 Onslaught - my first onslaught - his leg plastic seems quite brittle and has crumbled at the knee joints when I played with it, glued it but it still keeps crumbling so I just kept the figure but in broken pieces. Ive since got 2 more Onslaughts and am very careful with the legs when transforming them coz I think the plastic in them feels brittle.

My G1 Shockwave's arm snapped at the right arm joint while gdmetro was handling it. The toy is old so I didn't blame him at all. Of course he was flabbergasted heheheheh. I was aware he was handling the toy with such care, so I didn't get angry at all wasn't his fault after all. Good thing though co member Bruticus (who was present at the time remembered he had an extra junker he sold to me which I harvested for the part that snapped off. Now my Shockwave is all good again. I certainly am not in the mood to look for another G1 Shockwave not with all the KOs proliferating around nowadays. Bought mine 7 years ago loose on ebay and the electronics still work well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

MP Rodimus, why did your ankle snap off?
    Really. I wasn't even touching the leg at the time.

A stress mark appeared on one of Gen. Metroplex's toes tonight while I was playing with him. I should be able to cover it up easily enough with a black marker... but still... you'd think Hasbro would use better quality plastic on such a heavy toy. Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A stress mark appeared on one of Gen. Metroplex's toes tonight while I was playing with him. I should be able to cover it up easily enough with a black marker... but still... you'd think Hasbro would use better quality plastic on such a heavy toy. Gah.
    That sucks - will have to keep an eye on my citybots piggy wiggies

That concerning. What were you doing with it to cause the stress mark?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That concerning. What were you doing with it to cause the stress mark?
    Making him walk heel to toe.

Use the hair dryer method if your able to target that bit individually to repair the stress mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Use the hair dryer method if your able to target that bit individually to repair the stress mark.
    How does that work? Do I just blast that area with a hair dryer? If so, how high should I set it, how long etc? (don't wanna inadvertantly melt the plastic)

Thanks.

How does that work? Do I just blast that area with a hair dryer? If so, how high should I set it, how long etc? (don't wanna inadvertantly melt the plastic)

Thanks.
    I tried this with a lighter on a stress mark that appeared on my Cyclonus figure and ended up making it 10x worse; so I would advise extreme caution. Start on the lowest setting and only for a few seconds at a time. Work your way up in power slowly and turn it off the moment you see the barest hint of a reaction from the stress mark. I got overzealous when I noticed a change and ended up watching in horror as the stress mark disappeared only to be replaced by an ugly burn.